Preventing Right-Click Menu -> New From Auto-Adjusting?

It's the "Menu" font.

Same font that should be used for the menus in just about everything. (e.g. the File Edit View History Bookmarks... menu at the top of Firefox, or the menu at the top of Notepad).

[quote="michaelkenward"]You could help other folks who might stumble across the same issue by telling them which font you had told Windows to use, and what you changed it to.

After all, this has been one long running saga – I mean, two pages? – and you wouldn't want anyone else to go through the same pain.

Then again, given Leo's excellent memory, he might home in on the issue earlier next time.[/quote]

Hi,

Sorry for this late reply, actually there was no font assigned in the ContextMenu.dop file. I assigned one the way Leo showed in page 1, using the line

:slight_smile:

Ta. I just wondered which font the user had applied to make to go all wrong.

Ta. I just wondered which font the user had applied to make to go all wrong.[/quote]

As I understand it (which might be wrong!), Devilder's issue was that the context menus were using the standard menu font, as defined in Control Panel, that most/all other app's menus & context menus should use as well.

This was ugly to him because, for his Opus toolbars & menus (but not context menus), he had overridden the standard font with Arial 10-point* and wanted the context menus to use the same thing.

So it was a question of how to override another font in an extra place, rather than fixing something that had gone wrong. (Unless I'm confused!)

(*The size in the XML is "-13" due to the way that font sizes work in the Windows API. They're not specified in fonts but as the ratio of something-or-other that I can never remember and always have to look-up.)