Preventing Right-Click Menu -> New From Auto-Adjusting?

This is really really trivial but its costing me a lot of time and would appreciate your help

I create a lot of new folders all the time , right click , context menu appears i go down to "New -->" then i go up to "Folder" Click on it
All is suppose to be good , but no , that will create a new shortcut instead of a new folder , why ? cause when the "New ->" sub menu first appears it fills the screen till the very bottom , but then for some reason a second later (same time that takes me to go click on "Folder") it adjusts it self to be all inside the directory opus screen (its bottom end moves from the very bottom of the screen to the top of the vista taskbar) makin the place where i clicked on "Folder" into the place of "Shortcut" just a split second before i clicked (i don't even see it happening)
Here is 2 screenshots a second apart to understand what i mean
printscreen 1
printscreen 2

So, i can either wait 1 whoole boring second till it adjusts then i click on new folder (what can i say life is short) or i can use my time dilation skills to click on folder as fast as frakin possible after the menu appears (which ironically ends me up clickin on new shortcut too) ooor someone can please tell me how to turn off that option and leave the menu down there over the taskbar or how to make the menu appear auto-adjusted into the directory opus window from the beginning
(i know this is kinda stupid but its pissin me off)
thanks in advance
The Time Dilation Dude

That doesn't happen for me. The menu stays over the taskbar.

Do you have any tools, or graphics driver options, that might be moving windows around when they're outside the desktop area? Maybe things to add features for multiple monitors or multiple desktops.

I see there are some extra titlebar buttons next to the standard minimize one. Maybe whatever adds those is behind this?

dude , you r a genius , that's it exactly
the app is Actual Window Manager , i got it for the minimize to tray button , in it there is automatically align options which i turned off and everything is normal now , thanks man
and sorry to everyone for wastin your time on a non-directory opus issue
and yaay

Might want to consider making your own menu:

Yeah that's strange, i've got a dedicated "New Folder" option in my context menu but i don't recall changing anything to make it appear.

sweetfunny, it looks like you've installed my lister context menu (that's posted somewhere here in the forums). You're not using the default menu at all. :slight_smile:

How do you edit menu colours...?

Preferences -> Display -> Toolbars, then set the style to Office 2003 (else it uses the system colours).

Sorry for raping this thread.

Regarding knightcrawler's posted screenshot, my usual DO topmenu has great looking fonts (just like the screenshot), however my rightclick menu (context menu) has small ugly looking fonts. Is there anyway we could change these fonts please ?

In the Customize dialog, Toolbars tab, turn on the menu in question as a toolbar. You should then be able to edit its font. (Or just uncheck the font box so it uses the default font. Presumably you made it use a non-default font in the past at some point.)

Hi Leo,

Thanks for chiming in at this hour :slight_smile:
Well, the problem is, I don't find that specific menu on the Toolbars tab, since it's the Context Menu, but also, the Context Menu's tab there doesn't offer anything to change the fonts(-size).

The lister context menu etc. are toolbars, even if they don't look like it. It should be in the list somewhere.

Select the context menu on the left of the Context Menus tab and then see what name appears on the right. That's the name you need to look for on the Toolbars tab.

Ah, maybe Opus hides things from the Toolbars tab if they are assigned as one of the context menus. (I swear I just checked that but I think I got confused.)

You might have to assign something else to the context menu to let you edit what's being used right now, then set things back the way they were.

(This must've happened in the past to change the font to how it is now, too.)

[quote="leo"]Ah, maybe Opus hides things from the Toolbars tab if they are assigned as one of the context menus. (I swear I just checked that but I think I got confused.)

You might have to assign something else to the context menu to let you edit what's being used right now, then set things back the way they were.

(This must've happened in the past to change the font to how it is now, too.)[/quote]
Hi Leo,

Sorry for bothering once more, but I don't know what you mean by that.
I have tried switching on/off every toolbar listed in the Customize/Toolbars window, but I can only see the context menu from doing:
Settings/Customize/Context Menus/Lister Context -> Show.
But nowhere an option to change the default font for that menu.

It's a little hard to explain...

Perhaps this is an easier way. Find where your toolbars and menus are stored by typing /dopusdata\Buttons into an Opus location field.

There should be a .dop file in there which is the menu in question. (If you don't know which .dop file it is, look at the name shown when you select the menu on the Context Menus tab.)

Open that .dop file in a text editor.

Exit Opus.

Find the ... line and remove it.

Save the file and restart Opus.

(Question is how that font setting was added in the first place, unless you once edited the .dop file as a toolbar, when it was not assigned to act as one of the context menus.)

Ah, thanks a lot !
I will try to assign a font to it that way,
you asked how a font was assigned to it in the first
place, but in the ContextMenu.dop file there
is no font setting at all, so perhaps it follows some
system default font setting.

Anyway, I'll try to assign one the way you showed me.
:slight_smile:

EDIT:

I added

to ContextMenu.dop, and now the font is rendered nicely only when I rightclick an empty area in the filepane, when I rightclick some file/folder, I get the old ugly font as I used to be.

File/Folder context menus should use the system wide font (as should toolbars and other context menus if they don't specify a font).

If you think that font is ugly then presumably you're seeing it in every other app as well and want to change it everywhere? You should be able to change it via the Display / Appearance control panel.

Thanks a bunch, Problem [SOLVED] ! :smiley:

You could help other folks who might stumble across the same issue by telling them which font you had told Windows to use, and what you changed it to.

After all, this has been one long running saga – I mean, two pages? – and you wouldn't want anyone else to go through the same pain.

Then again, given Leo's excellent memory, he might home in on the issue earlier next time.