Problem on certain NTFS disks with the creation of markers

Hello,

I have been using markers to locate certain files (for backups or that I need to rework) for some time now, perhaps version 13.3 or 13.4 (not sure) on some of my disks the markers no longer works, the ones I have already put cannot be removed and I cannot put new ones.

The two disks mainly concerned are in NTFS (like almost all my disks)

Opus is set to store markers in the file system metadata. But on these disks it no longer works.

When I try to add or modify a marker I get the error message: The file system does not support storing metadata in the file.

The problem only occurs on certain discs, on most I apply the markers without problem.
Do you have any idea what the cause of the problem is?

Thank you for your help

That warning is shown if the file system doesn't support named streams, which suggests it's not NTFS. Have you checked in Disk Management that they aren't actually exFAT or something else?

Hello

My disk is in NTFS (4TB external disk, with GPT and NTFS for Windows 10)

The problem seems to be that it is mounted in a folder rather than with a drive letter.

When I associate a letter to drive, even simultaneously with the mounting in folder
With the letter the markers work, in the mounted folder the markers don't work.

I didn't have this problem with opus 12, nor with the first versions of opus 13.

I have been using mounting several of my drives into folders to make certain applications easier to manage and operate for several years without problem.

What could cause this problem?

Ok, mounting through a folder is probably the clue. It sounds like it might the same problem as this one, which will be fixed in the next beta. Let us know if that doesn't resolve it.