Problem with drag and drop in tridnet

https://mark0.net/soft-tridnet-e.html

Not sure if this is an Opus bug or a bug with Trid, but I can't drag and drop items from a lister into the program, which is a pain when I have a large number of .chk files to analyze.

Edit: If it's possible to add a button like this example from Total Commander, that'd work as well. Tip: Integrate TrIDNet with Total Commander

Does drag and drop work from anything else?

Seems to work n normal explorer, I can drag from opus to the desktop.

Are you sure you're not dragging from a zipped file?

Positive, it only seems to be an issue with trid.net, which is why I'm wondering if there's a workaround (like the total commander button), or if it's something that the trid programmer would have to fix. Unlikely given how long it's been since a code update.

Edit: Actually... something deeper is going on here, since I can't drag and drop from explorer, either, and I know for a fact that used to work. Let me poke around some more.

Sorted, for some reason it seems the program was partly hanging after boot. Reinstalling dotnet-sdk-8.0.204-win-x64 seems to have fixed drag and drop. I was confused because before manual scans were working. Putting the solution in case anyone else has issues.

1 Like