Problem with files

Hello
I ve the following problem : when i do a right clic on a file (any file) but not directory i ve an error message wich is displayed on my screen : like that :

and i don t know how to solve this problem
Directory opus close all windows when i do this task
Can you help me please ?
With my thanks
Bests regards

Please see Crash, exit or high CPU usage when right-clicking certain files for suggestions.

Thank you

Hi Leo, as I am a great believer in the program and think it is fantastic I have refered it on to othere as aaai was refered to by a friend of mine.
I am not sure if I am in the correct area, but the problem is a bit complicated. It seems t be a problem with Opus but it isn't.
It all seemed to start when I installed Avast Cleaner. I had previously installed Corel Pinnacle Studio 22, since the former I now find that when I hover over an mp4 video I get a message asking to install PinnacleMyDVD.msi, as the computer can't find the missing file it partially locks Directory Opus, the only out is to use Task Manager and end Task. I have no such problem with File explorer. I have been in touch with Corel, they seem unable to resupply the missing file with out logging onto my computer to see the problem, So I am caught in between, could you possibly shine some light on the problem?
Cheers Rick

"Cleaner" tools are more likely to break things than improve things, as you've discovered.

I would try uninstalling Pinnacle, then install it again and see if that fixes things.

If you still have problems, complain to the Cleaner vendor as that's probably what messed up the system by removing a component or setting it thought nothing was using but was still needed (just to save a meaningless amount of disk space and make it look like it did something useful). If they are selling you something that breaks other products, they should be fixing the mess it makes.

Thanks for the very quick responce, I thought as much, I'll give it a go and see what happens, and get back with an answer

1 Like

Hi Leo Thanks for your responce, and yes I have used Revo Uninstaller Pro and got rid of Corel Pinnacle Studio 22 My DVD Authoring program, and strangle :slight_smile: the problem has gone away. I am now working with Corel to get it all back. Thanks again.
As I understand it Directory Opus is an Ausie company ?