Problems with Colored Folders

You can get the beta now:

blog.dopus.com/2011/11/directory ... -beta.html

Hi Leo,

Okay, checked out the Beta and it appears there has been major progress. I can now apply a color to any folder without undesirable aftermath ... except for one folder. I applied colors to a bunch of folders under C:/Users/Dave/My Documents without any problems (the colors stayed and I could select any folder normally). These colors were NOT reflected into the corresponding folders under Libraries/Documents/My Documents however (they weren't before either - I just sort of expected this would be the case and desirable). So I duplicated the colored folders in this view and everything was fine except that the Color did NOT display for the My Documents folder only. The folder shows as being colored under Settings, Preferences, Favorites & Recent, File & Folder Labels but is not displayed as colored in the Tree View. UPDATE: several days later (and a reboot) and all of the colored folders under Libraries/Documents/My Documents are no longer displayed in the Tree View (but continue to show as colored under Settings, Preferences, Favorites & Recent, File & Folder Labels). However if I select the My Documents folder in the Tree View then the colored subfolders show as colored in the List View - this was true before as well. The difference is that these colored folders aren't causing the Selection problem like they were before.

That's my report for now. Let me know if you have any questions or experiments you would like me to perform.

Dave

Was also experimenting with the Favorites & Recent folder before (with the Beta version) but now I cannot get this folder to expand or display anything in the List View when selected. FYI.
Dave

Hi Dave,

Try the 10.0.2.2 beta (link is in my signature), which should address the problems you reported with folder colours and libraries.

Update: At this point it looks like the coloring of My Documents is holding AND any colors added to folders in the C:/Users/Dave/My Documents section are now being mirrored in the Libraries/Documents/My Documents section. LOVE IT! I am also able to open the folder Favorites and Recent. Thank you Leo - you Rock!
Dave

The coloring of the My Documents folder will sometimes disappear still (shows under Settings okay) but can be re-lit by coloring it again.