Program crash when using find function

Greetings,

I was having some hang-up issues when using the find feature to search for files with specific content, given this I upgraded to 9.6 this morning only to find the same problem but now at least I get an error popup instead of the program just not responding until I force it by ending the opus directory task.

Ive attatched a screengrab of the message, it seems to be repeatable, actually making it more of a pain since I cant use this facility. Was searching some source code for a lua program which is purely text files. If I search for the word Target it works fine, if I search for what I actually wanted which is TargetDebuffButtonTemplate, it hangs with that messeage every time, I thought it might be cause I accidently pasted some control character at front/end of string but when typing that manually it still crashes.

Please let me know if you require any further info.

Regards

BS

Does it only happen when searching certain files/folders? If so can you narrow it down to a particular file (or a few files)? If you can please upload them (or send them in a private message) and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

Leo, thanks for your response, Im trying to track it down to a file /directory but its slow going since the location im searching has about 100 directiories:

Not sure if it will help at all but on one crash i got the following when it stopped responding without a opus directory error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dopus.exe
Application Version: 4.0.1.15
Application Timestamp: 494c61e6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_e9d5
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791adec
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 00000000000a6e97
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: e9d5
Additional Information 2: 6ad54c25dc36cbecc6163f0b5ee47f06
Additional Information 3: 9c1c
Additional Information 4: ffa7ea7f0b53491907ca741f66cfde94

Will feedback further when I know more.

Leo, I've managed to track it down to a few files, Its a .LUA files which is the coding language im using, the files in question arnt mine but I can tell you they contain characters for other languages and I believe that is whats causing the problem. Thing is they are valid files, ie not corrupted, they just contain localisation strings for other languages.

Ive attached one for you to take a look at.

Kind regards,

BS

I don't think the attachment came through. You'll probably need to zip it if it's a .LUA file as the forum only allows certain extensions.

Leo,

Sorry for the delay, Ive been away a few days visiting family, Ive attatched the .lua text file within the zip file as requested.

Thanks for the help

BS
LibBabble-Boss-3.0.zip (59 KB)

Quick update on this: I can confirm the crash and have sent a report, with the file, to GPSoftware. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next update.

Thanks Leo, I appreciate the update.

BS