Progress indicator in job bar is not showing total progress but individual files

This progress bar in my jobs bar: 1
is not behaving like I think it should. When I move or copy a folder (by selecting the one folder), this progress bar will then flash as each and every file gets processed. So the green bar might move from left to right thousands of times until the operation is finished. So does the window tab in my taskbar. What I want to have instead is a gradual green bar, only showing the total process of the operation from 0 % at the start to 100 % at the end. I couldn't find a setting for it.

Is Preferences / File Operations / Progress Indicators / Count files in folders before copying for... turned on for the type of folder involved?

No, it wasn't turned on. Doing that solved my problem.

1 Like

In the new version I don't find the progress window which shows the percentate when copying large files !? Any idea why it is not showing ?

If the progress dialog isn't appearing (and minimising it to the Jobs Bar is turned off, as in your screenshot), I'd suspect a tool that does moving/resizing/on-top/etc. of other programs' windows is going wrong. Many of those tools get very confused by our progress dialogs, multiple UI threads and window re-parenting.

Looks like that this program has a problem with the progress dialog:

Once I disable the program the dialog box shows up

Actual Window Manager has come up a number of times here as causing problems.