Questions about FIND DUPES with an Everything engine

Breaking the rule of one question per thread, these are closely related, so I'm combining them. Since it's possible to search for duplicates based on a previous Everything query in the same command, I've noticed two small issues that I wanted to bring to your attention.

1. When using FIND with DUPES and the Everything engine, IN must be included even if it's not being used.

E.g.:

FIND CLEAR DUPES SIZEONLY IGNORELINKS SHOWRESULTS=dest,tab IN /home QUERYENGINE=everythingglobal QUERY "{alias|dopusdata}"

\home is ignored but required to run the command.

2. When using FIND with DUPES and the Everything engine, adding COLUMN doesn't search for duplicates (the search results from Everything remain unchanged). It seems that it only works when you include MD5.

Doesn't work:

FIND CLEAR DUPES COLUMN=ext IGNORELINKS SHOWRESULTS=dest,tab IN /home QUERYENGINE=everythingglobal QUERY "{alias|dopusdata}"

Works:

FIND CLEAR DUPES COLUMN=ext MD5 IGNORELINKS SHOWRESULTS=dest,tab IN /home QUERYENGINE=everythingglobal QUERY "{alias|dopusdata}"

Thanks in advanced.

Fixed in 13.5.3.

1. This is fixed.

2. This one still needs a dummy path in IN to work. Something like :

FIND CLEAR DUPES COLUMN=ext IGNORELINKS SHOWRESULTS=dest,tab QUERYENGINE=everythingglobal QUERY "{alias|dopusdata}"

Doesn't work. Only the Everything results are shown.

FIND CLEAR DUPES COLUMN=ext IGNORELINKS SHOWRESULTS=dest,tab QUERYENGINE=everythingglobal IN /home QUERY "{alias|dopusdata}"

Should work just fine.

Thanks. Fixed in the next beta.

1 Like

It's working now (v13.5.5). Thanks.

1 Like