Quick system-wide Everything-search in metadata comments?

Now, as Opus contains Everything Search: Is it possible to do a quick SYSTEM-WIDE search in the metadata comments of all files?

If you can do that in Everything itself, the same query should work when using Everything via Opus.

Whether you can, and what the syntax is, I am not sure. May be a question for the Everything forum.

This should be possible, I found this on the subject on the Everything Forum:
https://www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9788#index

Re-indexing my drives at the moment for a file properties search with Global Everything search. I'm especially interested in being able to do quick search of all image files containing a specific tag / comment so the results are listed in Opus thumbnail view and cycle through them in full screen mode.

1 Like

Image keyword/tag searching within Everything 1.5a is working when using tag:desired-tag in the search field. In Dopus I have not yet found a way to specify the desired Everything (search filter/preset) query to use when searching with the integrated Global Everything search function. Not getting results in Dopus with the exact same query tag:desired-tag as in Everything 1.5a tool. I would be absolutely delighted to have this option in Dopus :slightly_smiling_face: Any chance to that in an upcomming update?

Not sure how it would work with Everything, but in case you're using the Windows index for the location(s) in question, you can use following command, which works also very fast:

FIND IN "G:\Images" QUERY {dlgstring|find in G} 
/home\dopusrt.exe /cmd Set SHOWFILTERFILENAME=*.jpg

You can, of course, customize the paths.

Maybe developers can help implement it.
Directory Opus 13.0.40 (Beta) Build 8693 Comments now seen by Everything v1358a - voidtools forum

Directory Opus labels support - voidtools forum

FWIW, it is possible now. The QUERY value will be the same as you're using in Everything.
e.g. FIND CLEAR SHOWRESULTS=dest,tab QUERYENGINE=everythingglobal QUERY "{sourcepath}" image:tags:mytag1;mytag2