Regular Expression ? What's wrong here?

Hi,
can you please look into this ? Why doesn't the Regular Expression match ?

Hmm i think it matches but you are replacing the number with itself and thus Opus has nothing to do ..

Duh, stupid me. Thanks frv :wink:
Just one more question, I'm using the Rename from Textfile from gieron, but there's something weird happening.

I've set it all correct, so it shows exactly what I want in the preview window, but once I click Test or OK, it doesn't do anything, and switches the Replacement Type from "Regular Expressions" to "Standard Rename" :cry:

When you try the rename script are there any error messages shown in the Output Window, Script tab?

If the MP3 files have tags then you could use/adapt the Sort Music by Tags preset from this post to put the titles into the filenames.

[quote="nudel"]When you try the rename script are there any error messages shown in the Output Window, Script tab?

If the MP3 files have tags then you could use/adapt the Sort Music by Tags preset from this post to put the titles into the filenames.[/quote]

The Output Window, Script tab shows :

Successfully initialized 'vbscript' engine Script started successfully From file rename script by Henrik Ripa Script completed

Thanks for the link, but something is definatelly wrong with the Rename via script code. :wink:

Well, just an update. Using v9.0.0.8 shows the stuff correctly, yet clicking OK still does NOTHING. :frowning:

CORRECTION:

Well, just an update. Using v9.0.0.8, click the Test-button shows the renaming as it should be correctly, yet clicking OK still does NOTHING.

1. Don't press the Test button. It looks like Opus doesn't re-initialise the script after you click the Test button, so in this case it keeps on reading the list of filenames when you click OK, rather than starting at the top of the list again. This seems like a bug and I've filed a report.

So close the rename dialog and then open it again, select Last Rename and click OK and it should work, provided you also:

1. Get rid of the ? in the 9th filename since filenames cannot contain ? characters and it'll result in an error when you get to that file.

Thanks, that indeed worked.

BTW, Don't I get a refund for finding so many bugs ? :smiley: