{releasedate} not recognmised in rename

Hello,
Just upgraded from 12 to 13b and have noticed that {releasedate} is not recognized/doesn't find data in the rename tool (and it was working just before upgrading.

Discovered the field here: Rename video from field: Media created?

Does the Release Data column show data for that file? It's more likely the data isn't being populated than something to do with Rename.

What kind of file is it?

Ah, sorry the link was broken, fixed now.

I've been transferring media from an iphone to a pc and it seems the way that apple stamp the creation date is causing an issue where the creation date is overridden by windows with the date/time of creation of the copy (doesn't happen with android, I believe).

I found the thread above and was able to rename files using the field {releasedate} as per

Which now doesn't work after updating to dopus 13b.

To test this I uninstalled dopus 13b (initially I installed 12 over it, but then rename wouldn't load - error given).

Dopus v12: I was able to rename the iphone video file using {releasedate}:

Updated to 13b again and {releasedate} is not recognized:

Could you please fix this, as it's the only field that seems to contain the correct video creation date.

So MOV files, based on your screenshot.

Does the Release Date column work in the file display for those files? Ignore the Rename dialog for now. If the data isn't in the column, it won't work in Rename either.

If you can provide a small sample file with the problem, that should help us look at it quicker.

Is it possible to run V12 and v13b side by side, as I'm running a handbrake conversion and can't reset the computer which is be forced to do if I update my current V12 (that I need for the video creation field) to v13 And then back to V12?
It would be easier to compare the versions rather than upgrading then degradingand resetting the xomputer.

Instead of downgrading to v12 and resetting the computer, why not answer Leo's questions and let us help you fix the problem?

"Instead of downgrading to v12 and resetting the computer, why not answer Leo's questions and let us help you fix the problem?"

Since you ask, I will again give the boring explanation (which is inconsequential) as it appears that I wasn't clear:

I have already downgraded back to v12, as v13b doesn't recognize the {releasedate} field and I needed it to rename a few hundred video files and to then start a handbrake conversion. I imagine there are alternate methods to rename iphone video files according to the time stamp when created (as the normal Datecreated field is over written when copying) though I didn't have time to do this.

If I upgrade to v13b again, and there is no easy solution to this, then I would have to downgrade again to v12 and would be forced to reset the computer.

This wouldn't be an issue if a reset wasn't required, or if one could have side by side version of dopus, which would allow much easier comparing of bugs rather than an upgrading-reseting-downgrading cycle, hence why I asked if you can side load dopus to another installation.

However, I upgraded again to see if this can be remedied before moving to other tools.

The Release date column is not active in 13b:

I investigated more (since a nice person in another thread gave a screenshot of how to enable other metadata fields in v13b) and I enabled 2 fields : "DateCreated" and "MediaCreated"

"DateCreated" gives the date the file was copied form the iphone to the PC.

"MediaCreated" gives the correct, original creation timestamp of the media on the iphone.
However, I can't see how to enable this in the rename tool as the menu entry [Shell] is not shown (as it is when selecting the column) so cannot use it in the rename tool.

Since you seem to have missed Leo's posts in this thread, let me quote them for you:

Haha, it seems that you have missed the answers to most of the questions in my last post.

" JonDirectory Opus developer

7m

Since you seem to have missed Leo's posts in this thread, let me quote them for you:

Does the Release Data column show data for that file? It's more likely the data isn't being populated than something to do with Rename."

I wrote in my reply:

"The Release date column is not active in 13b:" and I placed the screen shot of V12 next to v13b to reduce confusion.

Maybe I'm missing something - does this not answer the first question?

The second question that you have quoted:

"Does the Release Date column work in the file display for those files? Ignore the Rename dialog for now. If the data isn't in the column, it won't work in Rename either."

Isn't this the same question as the first?
The third question:

"If you can provide a small sample file with the problem, that should help us look at it quicker."

Is it possible to use "MediaCreated" within rename? This would solve the problem.

A quick check with PrintMeta shows that releasedate is available in v12 but empty in v13.

Difftools ready?

2023-10-24 15;20;18 - d0;00;03 -B1300165.MOV.v12.txt (11.2 KB)
2023-10-24 15;20;18 - d0;00;03 -B1300165.MOV.v13.txt (11.1 KB)

1 Like

The Filen Drive link above doesn't work when I try it now. It says the file is missing or expired.

If you can give us an example file, we should be able to fix it easily. It's probably just MediaInfo using a different field name/format for the data in some files vs others.

Oh, I thought you had downloaded it already.

Here you go:

Just noticed that if you compare the screen shot of the video files above V12 adjacent to V13b, some of the file sizes are slightly different. I don't know if this is important.

Waiting for a fix for this as at the moment I can't rename any video files with the correct created date unless I downgrade to 12, again (unless there is another solution)

Re the field "MediaCreated" (enabled under settings), for some reason I can now select and use it in the rename tool, however it doesn't show the date (just the name of the field in the live preview), whilst in a lister, it shows the correct created date (and the normal "Created" shows the date the file was copied from an iphone to pc rather than the original media creation date, as per the screenshot below, hence the need to use "MediaCreated".

Ie here's a screenshot showing the "MediaCreated" field in the rename tool (which is called {shSystem.Media.DateEncoded} even though in the lister it is shown as Meda Created) not displaying live values:

Thanks. I've fixed release-date not populating on that file for the next beta.

Thank you!

Could you also fix "MediaCreated" ie {shSystem.Media.DateEncoded} being recognized though not showing the correct date in the rename tool (as above)?

Thanks.

We're looking at that. The issue is it should start with {sh: but you can't type that into the field at the moment.

It's all working, thank you!

1 Like