Remember Where Left Off in Previous Session

Sorry if this is already covered. I could not locate it.

How do you configure Directory Opus to start up where you left off in the previous session? I would like it to bring up the same folders I left off with as well as the tabs that were displayed when the Lister was closed. I am only using one lister with multiple tabs instead of multiple listers.

Thanks!

One of these should do the trick.

If you are just closing the Opus window and then re-opening it later on:

[ul][li]Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister[/li][/ul]

If you are fully exiting Opus (or restarting the computer while Opus is running):

[ul][li]Preferences / Launching Opus / Startup / Open the Listers that were open when the program was last closed[/li][/ul]

I set both of these options but still having a problem.

I have only one Lister running. I have opened new tabs at the bottom of the file lists under both destination and source panels. I go out of Opus altogether and when I open it back up, my source panel has changed to another directory and all the tabs that I had added at the bottom are gone.

I looked at Advanced settings as well but did not see anything there that would help.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

How are you opening the lister after you've closed it?

• Windows shortcut?
  • Double-clicking on the desktop?
  • Double-clicking on the tray icon?

Ok! That was it. I was right-clicking on start and choosing "Open in Directory Opus". Actually, I see that when I do that it does come back to where I left off on the right side (destination panel). When I use the start menu item "Directory Opus", it brings back everything.

Thanks!

BTW - Is there any way to keep the same directory grouping that you left off with? (Minor point for me but I was just trying out the grouping feature and noticed that I lost grouping when closed Opus and then came back in).

What directory grouping feature are you talking about exactly? Screenshot maybe?

Doing that tells Opus you want to open the folder containing your Start Menu shortcuts. (Similar to double-clicking a folder that's on your desktop.)