Remove Desktop items (e.g. Quick Access) from Folder Tree

I have unchecked an option to show Quick Access (Folder Tree→Contents→Quick Access) and this does hide the Quick Access folder at the top of the Folder Tree, however, there is still one within the Desktop (below Recycle Bin).
Is it possible to have an option to hide that one too? I don't want to competely disable it via a registry hack or something, I just want it hidden completely in DOpus even if it's technically correct that it belongs to a Desktop

Likewise, I'm using Mega cloud syncing for some folders and these show as separate items under Desktop. Similarly, is there a way to only hide them in DOpus?
I guess what I'm asking for is to have a custom blacklist of Desktop items

Quick Access shouldn't appear under Desktop, at least not unless you've turned it off in the tree but are also currently in the Quick Access folder or have navigated to one of the folders inside it via the Quick Access folder. (If you're in a folder which is turned off, it will be added back to the tree so you can see where you are.)

Could you show a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Oh, you're totally right, I don't see it anymore, and it does indeed only appear if I'm in that folder. Thanks!
Any idea how I could clean those other special cloud folders? Just to clarify, there is an option in the app to hide them from Explorer which also hides them from DOpus, but I'd like Explorer to be the typical garbage that it is showing everything in the rare cases I need to see them while keeping DOpus tree clean and be able to toggle within DOpus what's shown in the tree and what's not.

Below is the screenshot of the top of Folder Tree — Autohotkey is one of the folders on my PC that get autosynced

Tree

I don't think there is currently a way to hide those special folders from the tree in Opus while keeping them in the tree in Explorer. We'll put it on the (very long!) ideas list though.

1 Like