Rename all files, ignoring selection

Is there some way to remember the previously selected item(s) when doing
a command that needs "Select ALL" like in this button:

SELECT ALL Rename TO OK-*
So that when the operation on all items is complete, the previously selected items are selected again ?

Thanks.

There's a Select RESELECT command, though I'm not sure it'll do what you want in this context...

...but you don't need it anyway. Get rid of the Select ALL and just tell the Rename command to act on all files:

Rename * TO OK-*

That'll ignore the selection.

[quote="leo"]There's a Select RESELECT command, though I'm not sure it'll do what you want in this context...

...but you don't need it anyway. Get rid of the Select ALL and just tell the Rename command to act on all files:

Rename * TO OK-*

That'll ignore the selection.[/quote]

Thanks a lot for the suggestion Leo,
unfortunatelly I also have other buttons, that probably do need the SELECT ALL, like this replace double space to single space :

Select ALL Rename PATTERN=" " TO=" " FINDREP @NODESELECT

You shouldn't need select-all for that button either. If you pass a filename or wildcards to the rename command then it acts on those filenames and ignores the selection.

Perhaps I'm just extremely stupid, but all I want to do is look specific patterns in ALL visible FILES AND FOLDERS in the current lister.

Right now, this works with these instructions :

SELECT ALL Rename PATTERN="_"; TO=" " FINDREP @NODESELECT Rename PATTERN=" .MP3" TO=".mp3" FINDREP @NODESELECT Rename PATTERN=" " TO=" " FINDREP @NODESELECT

So, I want to check every file and folder in current lister for strings :

• change all _ chars to spaces.
  • remove all spaces before .mp3
  • replace all double spaces by a single space

I really have no idea how to do exactly that without using the SELECT ALL line ? :frowning:

Like this:

Rename * PATTERN="_" TO=" " FINDREP Rename * PATTERN=" " TO=" " FINDREP Rename *.mp3 TO="*.MP3"

Or, if you want to be a bit more explicit, this:

Rename FROM="*" PATTERN="_" TO=" " FINDREP Rename FROM="*" PATTERN=" " TO=" " FINDREP Rename FROM="*.mp3" TO="*.MP3"

BTW, you had a stray ; in your first command. Also, I changed the order of the commands so that they were easier to read but not for any other (technical) reason; they'll work as well in the original order.

Thanks you very much Leo.