Reopening toolbar getting placed in wrong location

There is a toolbar of drives as a left panel of my lister. If I close it and then re-open it by clicking on its name in Settings/Toolbars/[ToolBar-Name], the toolbar appears but is not where it was initially. Any suggestions?

Turning a toolbar on via that method will place it in an arbitrary place. The last position of a toolbar is not remembered when it is closed.

If you want to toggle a toolbar on and off frequently, without having to manually move it, then you need to use the Toolbar command to specify where you want it to open.

Toolbar NAME="Leo - Testing" STATE=left TOGGLE LOCAL

Alternatively, you can use Toolbar Sets which remember the states of multiple toolbars and let you switch from one set to another using the menus.

You could try to set your toolbar how you like, and then Settings -> save as standard lister (the name could be different, i'm on a german version), and tick the box below to also save the toolbars. Note, that this would only work, if you have Opus set to open the standard or default lister, like in the preferences "Opus start" section.

Edit, i posted my idea at the same time, Leo's suggestion is more general. Sorry.

Toolbar Set

I'm not sure what you mean "use the Toolbar command." For my folder tree, for example, I made a toggle button:

Set TREE=Toggle

However, you're talking about a script, and I can't see where this script would go in a toolbar. Is it necessary to create an add-in script for this? What would be the best place to add this command?

Let me explain what I'm trying to accomplish, and then let me know if Toolbar Sets or Lister Layouts are better, or if it's just a matter of preference. Although I was just about to read up on these two in the documentation, I'm replying here first.

My goal is to create workspaces. As in Photoshop, After Effects, PPRO, etc., workspaces can be created and saved. So, I may have one workspace when I edit video, another when I code, and another when I do research. There would be different toolbars on each workspace and different window sizes... I think you get the idea.

Lister Layouts (one or more windows) or Lister Styles (single window) are probably what you want.

1 Like

Can you explain what you meant by the Toolbar command and how to use it?

Commands: https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Internal_Commands.htm

How to use commands: How to use buttons and scripts from this forum

1 Like

Yes, I already had those bookmarked. So, to my question, what you meant by "If you want to toggle a toolbar on and off frequently, without having to manually move it, then you need to use the Toolbar command to specify where you want it to open." I'm assuming you meant a Toolbar command in a button that controls a toolbar.

You might want to also look here: https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Toolbar.htm

For example, I toggle a toolbar on and off at a specified location using this:

Toolbar TOGGLE NAME="Operations" STATE=top LINE=0 

This ensures the toolbar always opens in the same location.

1 Like

A button, menu, or hotkey. Whatever you want to use to toggle the toolbar on and off.

1 Like