Resize column headers

If I FTP to my NAS the headers (name,size etc) can be resized. If I connect via the local network or display local drives I cannot resize/move the headers.

I expect there is a setting but I don't know which of the 1 million settings it is :slight_smile:

Have you set them to one of the special Fill / Collapse / etc. autosize modes? That would normally be the only time that they would block manual resizing.

I have only name,size & type. They are set to auto.
On local discs and network discs when I hover the mouse over the join between headers nothing happens.
On an FTP disc when I hover the mouse I get the double headed arrow enableing resizing.

I have also noticed that If I select only name , size & type when I close the lister and open it again the window shows headers for name, size,type, modified & attr.
In spite of the column headers only the filename is shown.

That sounds odd.

Could you post a screenshot of the window?

This is the screenshot.

You are in List mode. The column headers only exist to change the sort order (and can be turned off entirely if desired).

You need to be in Details mode or Power mode to have normal columns which you can resize.

Tha as solved the layout problem.
My only problem now is how to get it to stick. I have done settings/set as default lister but every time I open DO it comes up in list mode.

Thank you. I was looking under settings not folders for the save.