Retaining column widths between tab changes

Hello. I have created a listed and a group of tabs. When I load the lister, it loads my set of tabs and the column widths in my dual vertical layout are correct.

However, when I click one of the other tabs, the column widths default to something else. How can I configure to retain the widths?

Maybe you have to turn off this setting: -> preferences -> folder tabs -> appearance -> Reduce tab sizes to fit available space.

I believe that's for the size of the TAB though, right? I'm seeking to keep the COLUMN (file fields such as name, date, size, location/directory) widths the same.

Other thoughts?

Do you want those column widths everywhere, in all folders and all windows and tabs, or just within a particular layout/tabs/folders?

if either is possible, I'd prefer to learn how to do both. If it takes a lot to handle both, then the former would be preferred, everywhere.

Folder Formats: Quick Guide shows how to get the same setup everywhere.

If you want individual layouts to override things, you can specify whether the layout saves its own folder formats or whether it uses the normal ones. If you want it to save its own formats, you'll need to set up each tab within the layout (since each tab is independent). You may also want to turn on the Format Lock on the status bar, so that the format never changes when you change folders, and then save the layout.

(You probably do not want to turn the format lock on in general, only for that one layout that you want to override everything.)

You can also change folder formats by commands so you can have hotkeys or buttons that switch to a different way of viewing things, for example. They don't have to be tied to layouts.

ok. How do I go about setting it to simply retain the original column widths as set in my saved lister? Can you point me to the right settings area / steps? Also, I cannot find the setting to have a lister (the default one) open upon Windows boot.

Which part do you need more detailed instructions with?

Preferences / Launching Opus / Startup is where you can set what happens on Windows boot.

How do I go about setting it to simply retain the original column widths as set in my saved lister? Can you point me to the right settings area / steps?

So my question seems to have gotten lost in the mix. Trying again for anyone who might be able to help with specific steps needed...

I have created a lister and a group of tabs. When I load the lister, it loads my set of tabs and the column widths in my dual vertical layout are correct.

However, when I click one of the other tabs, a folder already showing in the listing, the column widths default to something else. How can I configure Opus to retain the widths as I change tabs and drill-down into folders? I'm fine with the program retaining the same column widths throughout.

Column widths are part of the folder format, so the link Leo posted to the Folder Formats: Quick Guide FAQ should be all you need.

Please forgive - I see that link now and totally missed it originally. I was on a tablet and didn't notice it.

Per this assistance, I've managed to get the (daggon) columns to finally obey. Thanks to you both!