Reverse alphabetical order

Hi - when I open a folder in opus, the files are shown in reverse alphabetical order. I constantly have to change the order.

I've had this problem since v12, and I don't know where to look in Preferences to remedy it.

Any help welcomed...

1 Like

I am having the exact same problem, and I am not sure where in the FAQ this is specifically covered. I tried setting the order for each of my directories/tabs and saving it as the default lister, but that doesn't seem to help.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

The FAQ doesn't say to do anything in more than one folder. Did you follow it exactly?

I didn't find anything in the FAQ that gave me instructions to undo this.
I think my problem is that I can't find the Folder Options that are shown in the documentation on any opus toolbar. Where can I find it?

If you've removed it from your toolbar you should also be able to find it on the column header context menu, and also the context menu when you right-click the (i) (or padlock) icon in the status bar. Failing that, you can add the command back from the Customize / Default Toolbars tab.

Note that in Opus 13 it's renamed to "Folder Format", to make it consistent with the rest of the UI. I've added a note to the guide.

I think I found the solution to the 'reverse sort' issue. Now that I know where the Folder button is, I opened it up, chose Folder Format and opened the Sorting Tab, and unchecked 'Reverse overall sort order' option. I did this at the root of each drive I use. I'll keep an eye out on how it behaves.