Right click context menu shows up too slowly

It takes 31 seconds to open a context menu by right-clicking a file on version 12.30 and 12.30.1 beta.
I have been using non-beta version as a matter of fixing the problem, I installed the beta version and the issue persisted.
I had to turn on the "Hide Windows items on file context menus (shift overrides)" option so I can get instant context menu which is missing "Open with.." option, which is essential option for me.

That means it's one of the shell extensions something has installed.

Did you try the other steps in the right-click FAQ to work out which?


I use "Hide Windows items on file context menus (shift overrides)", but I also have "Open with" in the context menu.

Hmm.. that is weird because I don't have the option.
I wonder if there is an DOpus option to add it in the context menu.

I think, more generally, any of the hidden items can be added to the abbreviated menu, but I don't remember how.

Go to Settings then File Types.

Select All files

Click Edit

Click Context Menu

Click New

In Action enter Open with (Could be anything).

Leave Function as Standard Function (Opus or External)

In the main box, enter Filetype OpenWithMenu




Before any of that, the first thing to do is to work out which shell extension is causing the problem. You can then just block that extension and the problem will be gone.

Details of how to do it are in the FAQ I linked above.

You are a life saver! Thank you so much!!!!!

Been long time since I posted this question.
I have solved problem by adding {1454BEE1-EC6D-4D38-BCFD-1DA1F91BA46E} into ignore context menu. Found this CLSID using the DebugView.
I figured that was happening only inside of OneDrive folders and also found that there are other people having the same issue.

We've had a few reports about the {1454BEE1-EC6D-4D38-BCFD-1DA1F91BA46E} iCloud extension when in OneDrive folders.

Have not been able to reproduce the problem ourselves, unfortunately, so we aren't sure what is happening during the delay.

We're going to add it to the default blocklist in Opus 12.31.