Running a 2nd session of Opus

Is there a way to run Opus as a 2nd session without changing the view of the 1st one?

I would like to keep the current view (locked tree, locked folders (middle) and thumbnail view on the right), but to be able to cut selected files and paste them in specific folders within a 2nd session of Opus, without changing the view of the running ('1st') sessions.

Thanks.

Turn off Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Update Default Lister automatically when closing a Lister, if it's currently on.

You're then free to make whatever changes you want to other windows without them affecting your defaults.

You can use layouts or styles to load and save alternative settings if there's something you want to use a lot. Or just open a new window normally and turn on/off the elements you want in an ad-hoc manner, if it's not always the same thing that you want.

Thanks a lot!

This is what I am doing.
First I have the above lister (locked tree/locked middle folder / unlocked image view on the right)
In the right panel I select and cut files. Then use Everything Search to quickly find the suitable (existing) folder.
Double click the folder or right click 'Open Path', so as to paste the files into that folder and then return to the point where I was.

However, when doing that, the 'unlocked' panel (on the right) is changed.
The above setting regretfully does not change that behavior.
(Background of asking to be able to open Opus a 2nd time)

Maybe, what I want, simply isn't possible.

If that is indeed the case, I guess I'll have to should ask the developer whether there is a way for Everything to 'force' using Windows Explorer instead Opus (being defaulted).

If you just want a new window to open when another program opens a folder, that's what happens by default.

(Preferences / Launching Opus / Explorer Replacement / Open external folders in a new tab can make it open a new tab instead of a new window.)

If it's changing an existing tab, not opening a new tab or window, then it probably means Everything is configured to run a custom command which is doing that. You should be able to change the Everything configuration to change that, but I'm not familiar enough with it to say where that would be done.

Indeed I have that tagged, both
Open external folders in a new tab
and Open all Default Lister tabs when opening a new window

Within Everything the context menu command to open the folder reads
$exec("%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe" /n,/e,/select,"%1")

but Opus used nonetheless.
I'll ask the developer.

Thanks for the support so far.

Ahum ...
I just thought of it, sorry...

The below is workable:
r-click Opus taskbar button, launch Opus (that is the 2nd sessions)
Cut files ('1st' session)
select the Opus 2nd session
use Everything to search the folder
Open folder will then open the 2nd session folder
leaving the '1st' session view untouched.

Try changing it to:

$exec("C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go NEW OPENCONTAINER PATH="%1")

Sorry for the delay.

Super!

That's working fine.
Many thanks indeed.