Running DOPUS from USB

Sorry, if this has been answered already...

I've exported DOPUS to a USB drive. I can run it from the USB drive on a different computer, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the USB version to use all the settings and configurations that I set up on the main computer. I've created a backup of the OCB, but I don't know how to tell the USB version to use it.

I'm sure I'm missing something.

If you want to export your computer's config to the USB stick, just export Opus to the USB stick again. The configuration is exported with the program and if there's already a copy on the USB stick you'll be asked if you want to overwrite the configuration or just update the program files.

Hi Leo, thanks. Yeah, I tried that, but it didn't seem to bring across the default lister. Seems like the other stuff is there, but, it always seems to open with a dual pane and my normal saved lister is a single pane.

I think you've found a bug there. (I've reported it to GPSoftware.)

To work around the problem:

[ul][li]On your main Opus install type /dopusdata/Layouts/System into the location field and push return.[/li]
[li]You should see a file called default.oll.[/li]
[li]Copy that to X:\DOPUS\Layouts\System, where X is your USB drive letter.[/li]
[li](The X:\DOPUS\Layouts path should exist but you may need to create the System directory below it.)[/li][/ul]

That works! Thanks!