GP SoftwareTwitter
Opus FAQsManualCommandsObjects

Sample Code: Filter selected files by metadata type

scripting

This sample script shows you how you can filter selected files by their metadata type and handle them to do stuff you need.

You can test it in a button.

I hope it will help someone to start with a similar project.

@disablenosel
@filesonly

@script vbscript
' This sample script show you how you can filter selected files by their metadata type
' and handle them to do stuff you need.

Function OnClick(ByRef ClickData)

' ============================================================================
    '                         INITIATE VARIABLES & OBJECT
    Set cmd = ClickData.Func.command
    Set srce = ClickData.Func.sourcetab

'                         FILTER FILES TO BE PROCESSED
    DOpus.Output ""
    DOpus.Output "============================================================================"
    DOpus.Output ""
    DOpus.Output "Selected files BEFORE filter : " & srce.selected_files.count
    DOpus.Output "Files that will actually be processed BEFORE filter : " & cmd.files.count
    cmd.ClearFiles ' All items are removed from the collection so only image files will be added next
    DOpus.Output ""
    DOpus.Output "FILTERING…"
    DOpus.Output ""
    n = 1
    For Each f In srce.selected_files
        ' If a selected file can handle GPS metadata, it will be added to files to process
        If (f.metadata = "image") then
            cmd.AddFile(f)
            DOpus.Output n & ". """ & f.name & """ will be processed"
        End if
        n = n+1
    Next
    DOpus.Output ""
    ' Select files in the active tab that will actually be processed
    cmd.RunCommand("Select FROMSCRIPT DESELECTNOMATCH MAKEVISIBLE")
    srce.Update ' Synchronize changes made by the previous select command to the sourcetab object. It can be useful if you need to use this object later.
    DOpus.Output "Selected files AFTER filter : " & srce.selected_files.count
    DOpus.Output "Files that will actually be processed AFTER filter : " & cmd.files.count

' Check if at least 1 file is selected to continue else warn and exit.
    If cmd.files.count < 1 Then
        Set dlg = ClickData.Func.Dlg
        dlg.Request "No file selected or no valid file to process."  & vbCrLf & "Please select at least 1 image file and run the command again", "OK"
        Set dlg = Nothing ' destroy dialog
        Exit Function
    End If

'                             DO YOUR STUFF
    ' Go on with what you need to do with those files next.
    ' Now any cmd.RunCommand will apply to the files that are actually selected.

End Function

Useful resources

Dear Fred, I want use it but can't. how to use it? I click copy for copy the script code> customize > create a new button & paste the code in function > OK
but when i click the button it's show an error massage. can u please tell me in details how can use ur script.

@khalidhosain: Please link your account. I won't ask again.