Save find files configuration

Hello

I know we can save the filters defined in find file but it seems it is impossible to save for future finds the folders defined in Find in window. Is this true or am I forgetting something?

You can make commands which set the folders for a similar result, if that helps.

I defined the following function in a button

Find NAME *.lnk IN c:\ProgramData C:\Documents and Settings\Utilizador\Menu Iniciar C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Iniciar RECURSE COLLNAME links

But the collection links doesn't show any results. What is wrong ?

If the paths you're searching in have spaces in them you need to put quotes around them.

Even with quotes the result is blank

Show Hidden Files.

Show us the command, maybe the quotes aren't in the right places.

Show us the command, maybe the quotes aren't in the right places.[/quote]

Here it is:

Find NAME *.lnk IN "c:\ProgramData" "C:\Documents and Settings\Utilizador\Menu Iniciar" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Iniciar" RECURSE COLLNAME links

That seems to work fine here at least.

(I'm using Opus 10.0.1.3)

[quote="leo"]That seems to work fine here at least.

(I'm using Opus 10.0.1.3)[/quote]

I'm using 10.0.1.4

Oops, I am as well, I just got the number wrong.

If you remove the NAME *.lnk part, does the command open the Find Panel and list the three paths you've specified?

Find IN "c:\ProgramData" "C:\Documents and Settings\Utilizador\Menu Iniciar" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Iniciar" RECURSE COLLNAME links

[quote="leo"]Oops, I am as well, I just got the number wrong.

If you remove the NAME *.lnk part, does the command open the Find Panel and list the three paths you've specified?

Find IN "c:\ProgramData" "C:\Documents and Settings\Utilizador\Menu Iniciar" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Iniciar" RECURSE COLLNAME links[/quote]

Yes it shows the find panel with all the paths

I just discovered what was prevented the correct result.

In the Find panel there was still a text in the containing text box that came from a previous find and of course it was being used by this automated find