Save format does not save

Hi Leo,

I tried to make some changes to a previous by me created format (filename = fill) and I wanted to change it because the filename got truncated, when I make the adjustments and press apply it will work for the moment only (which is normal), however If go into 'save' button and make the permanent adjustments by clicking the checkboxes nothing happens. If I go a level (folder) higher and make the adjustment also for the subfolders it does work but it is not saved when I close opus and return to that folder everything is still in the old format

?
Thanks Micha

Micha

What you could do is to hover over that small lock symbol at the bottom of the file display. The info tip will tell you, where the current format is coming from. Maybe there is another format involved, changing the result you're expecting. In that case you could edit or remove the other setting.

the location is fine and correct where the format is coming from however it starts correctly but collapses after a few seconds and then the filename (if you check it) is not 'auto' but 'fill' as a format

What does it say when you hover over the lock? Can we see a screenshot of that?

Are you closing the old window and opening a fresh one to test with?

Have you checked that what's in Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats looks correct?

If I close the window and start again, then the 'fill' settings for the filename remains, I cannot get it removed even if I overwrite the drive letter X which is on top of all the subdirectories, I also added my preferences format folder settings, it all seems normal

lock

lock

That tells you which two formats it is using.

What happens when you edit the first one in Preferences and look at its columns?

You've saved 4 formats for different folder levels below X:\ now so it's possible they don't all have the same settings. The deeper levels will override, when in a folder that matches them.

The Documents format may also be worth looking at, although it should only affect columns it adds in addition to the ones in the path format.

I have removed the 'fill' format in every directory and subdirectory on the X drive including the X drive itself, on prefences a deselected every format for the x drive when I open opus everthing looks normal (although a cannot widen the filename field with the mouse) when I select the lock, everything collapses or when I try to uncheck a columnsettings%20and%20collapsing%202

Could you explain this in more detail? That description doesn't make sense to me.

Or if you want, send us a config backup via PM, which might be easier than describing things. (Probably won't have time to look at it today though.)

ok how do I get to the 'config" backup (which menu) and what does PM mean?

Settings > Backup & Restore.

Private Message. Click a user for the option to send one.

I believe I did send you last week the config file in a private message, did you not receive it?

Under Preferences / Layouts and Styles / Layouts, select My Lister and turn on Ignore folder formats saved within this layout. Do the same for any other layouts you use if you don't want them to override any folder formats.

There's also Preferences / Launching Opus / Default Lister / Ignore folder format of Default Lister which is the same thing for the Default Lister (although it looks like you're mostly using your layout instead of it, it may still be used for things like double-clicking folders outside of Opus).

Additionally, go to Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats and edit the User Default format at the bottom. Remove the Fill mode from that.

Does it work OK for you now?

Thanks, it works now, i will now study what this settings actually mean.

Micha

I think there is a bug here on our side, which we're looking at now, but that should let you avoid it for now.

Turning off the "inherit columns from other formats" option for the Path Formats in Preferences will also avoid it.

Update: Bug fix will be in the next version.