Save the current folder format is broken in version 12.3.1

Hi,

The feature to Save the current folder format is broken. It was working fine in 12.2.7 and I have upgraded to 12.3.1 and now it won't remember saved folder format for a specific folder anymore. Any change done to the format is always applied to all folders.

It seems to be working OK here.

Are you closing the window and opening a new one after making changes? Please try doing that in case the issue is just the temporary format being applied to other folders. A fresh window is the best way to test saved formats.

How are you saving the format?

If via the dialog below, which options are you selecting?

[quote="Fylom"]Hi,

The feature to Save the current folder format is broken. It was working fine in 12.2.7 and I have upgraded to 12.3.1 and now it won't remember saved folder format for a specific folder anymore. Any change done to the format is always applied to all folders.[/quote]

I have the same problem:

1. DO won't remember the saved folder format for a specific folder;
  2. DO is always applied to all folders when any format change.

If you have the same problem, please answer the questions I asked above.

I set DO's options via the dialog up, but DO do not remember.

so, do you help me set DO's options step by step via dialog picture.

Thank so much.

After saving the format, what do you do and what do you see?

For example, you should close all open Opus windows and then open a new, fresh window and navigate to the folder. Does it show the format you saved? If not, what is different about the format? (Extra columns? That's probably the "inherit columns from other matching formats" option. Or something else, like the wrong display mode?)

Also check what the format lock tooltip shows for the folder, which often reveals where the current format is coming from. Do this by hovering the mouse over the lock icon on the status bar. (Don't click it, just hover over it.)

Does the format appear in Preferences / Folders / Folder Formats? Are the details there correct?

Sorry for the late reply.

I like the following folder configuration:
1- Folder A shown as Large icon, sorted by name
2- Any other folder shown in Detail view, sorted by name

To reproduce, I select a random folder, set the view to Detail View, sorted by name. Then I click on the Folder button, select "Folder option...". Then "Save...":

and accept the "no undo warning":

Then select folder A, change its view to Large Icon and then try to save:

Then I click on any other folder and its view is Large Icon instead of Detail view. And If I sort by modified date, than all folders are shown sorted by modified date.

The problem is within the same running instance. If I close and restart it, it always restart on the same folder with the last used view.

Ok, the problem has disappear after a complete uninstall and re-innstallation of the latest version and import of my old configuration backup.

Maybe the problem occured because I had not uninstalled before installing the update.

Glad it is working now, at least.

You shouldn't have to uninstall before installing updates; it shouldn't make a difference, other than wiping the config (but that would then be undone when you restored the config backup).

No need to exit/restart the whole program (e.g. via File / Exit Directory Opus), but you should always close the window and open a fresh window to test folder formats are working as intended, otherwise the results can be confusing.

Changes made within a particular folder tab will be remembered when changing to other folders of a similar type (else you would have to keep re-doing changes them when you changed folders, which would make some common processes a pain).

Similarly, things that only take effect when opening a new window will not be tested unless you open a new window. (e.g. If a layout which you open is configured to use its own folder format, overriding any formats saved for the folders, then you'll get different results when you open that layout.)