Saving changes to FOLDER FORMATE

oops. addition to problem 02
the following screen shot should help

PROBLEM 01/
first off i am soooo pissed with DIRECTORY OPUS. talk about a program with WAY WAY WAY tooooooo many options. even though the program is so way better than windows EXPLORER, it actually has gone way beyond the number of options and settings any normal sane person would ever need
and now to my problem.....

this is the place im at
currently ALL my fine sizes are shorwn in KB. i want them displayed in size AUTO. Tto achieve this i go ... FOLDER OPTIONS ....COLUMNS.....FILE SIZE ...select SIZE AUTO ...and click the add arrow ...>>

i then select SAVE THE CURRENT FOLDER FORMAT and there are x2 options, with i must admit some what obscure meanings

i selected the first but it fails to keep changes.
i selected 3rd and gave it a name but again failure
i select 2nd and same outcome

i alse selected BACKUPANDRESTORE but as the above x3 failed BUAR is a wasted effort

i have already spent x2 previous days trying to achieve success. here i am again x1 hour trying to fis this issue so as you can imagine im SO PISSED OFF WITH THIS FUCKING PROGRAM and wonder why my efforts are failing.

PROBLEM 02/
anyway while im on my case i have another issue that i cant resolve and which i cant, look as i may find a solution

look at the following graphic please.

some how or other i inserted this window, then realized it is just duplicating commands. so i dont want this window but dammed as i am i cant find a way to remove it. i have almost got to the stage of smashing my monitor with an axe. that will i assume remove it. funny arnt i.

well not really as again i have spent WAY WAY too much time looking for a solution for this issue also
so please tell e how to remove this pain in the ass window

i should apologize for my bad mood but i really am forced to waste so much time with DO, given its obscure wording, excessive menu options and seeming bloated excess of options. if i coould find a simpler program i would use that but thus far the only option is EXPLORER and tbh DO is at least way better than that. so im stuck with this obese DO

i once came across a saying common in the design industry.
a 10 year old child should be able to work out a program, machine function or any human invention in 10 minutes.

if they cant the design, machine or program is poorly designed and its functionality is a mess

another design industry saying.
FORM AND FUNCTION. THE BREAKFAST, LUNCH and DINNER OF GOOD DESIGN

DO has function but soooo SUCKS form

now im going to have a koffee

#1: Folder Formats: Quick Guide
#2: Preferences / File Displays / Border / Display as a toolbar - remove it from the list on the right

1 Like

many thanks to Jon. that solution /2 worked so i appreciate your effort.

now ill check #1 suggestion.

re problem # answered by leo the lion...yahoo too it worked.

but the solution well demonstrates my major grizzle with DO. way way toooo many settings options and ways to configure this program. a complicated program if ever there was a complicated program.

but anyways thanks leo for your great effort.

No one forced you to go and change all those options :slight_smile:

1 Like

change is good
i was bored
my pet penguin told me to do it

and besides...cucumbers have many uses......:crazy_face: