Script Line numbers in log file

The log under script output tells me there is an error in a specific line. However, I have difficulties in finding that line. I already removed all empty lines and lines and 'remark' lines (i.e. lines that start with a ' character).

When checking that line (in this case line 215, a ')' is expected), I can't see anything wrong.

The script starts with

//
Rename PATTERN="*" TO="*"
@script vbscript
Option Explicit
Function Rename_GetNewName ( strFileName, strFilePath, _
          fIsFolder, strOldName, ByRef strNewName )
//
then.
     Dim re1
..etc..

Maybe the above 5 lines counted as line-numbering or does the line-numbering start with the 'Dim'..

Thanks.

Press Ctrl-L to toggle the display of line numbers in the edit control.

Many thanks.

Just for good order's sake, what I meant to say is :
does the checking skip/ignore lines that are empty or with 'comments' (starting with a ' symbol), i.e. it check lines with codes only?

For example: a script of 20 lines, including 10 'comment-lines and there is an error on line 15, will then the log show error on line 5 (because comment-lines are ignored) or indeed on line 15 ?

The line number reported in the error will be the same line number as shown in the editor with line numbering turned on.

The reason for asking this so specifically is that I can't detect the error. Regretfully so. The line with the error is in fact a repeat of some two of lines before, however, just with a minor change in the regex only. The regex as such is okay (tested), but Opus reports a missing ")"

Now, what I just did, I added empty comment lines to see how that would work out with the line-numbering.
According to the line number it now is an error in a comment line... (position remained the same)

What's the pattern in re1?

I think line 1 is the one that contains Function.

re1 reads as follows:

"
Dim re1
Set re1 = new RegExp
re1.Pattern = "^(.)[-_\s](17[0-9][0-9]|18[0-9][0-9]|19[0-9][0-9]|20[0-2][0-9])[\s-_.]?(0[1-9]|1[0-2])[\s-_.]?(0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])[-\s_]?([0-1]\d|[2][0-3])[\s-_]?([0-5]\d)[\s-_]?([0-5]\d).(\w{3,4}$"

"

The last ( has no match.

Ah!
Thank you very much indeed!
There were a few of these lines in the beginning . I copied the line a few times, made changes to the regex, but didn't notice the missing ")".
The log pointed to a line that was correct, so quite some time I have been focussing on the wrong thing. The error was in line 10 and some following lines.
It is okay now.

Again, thanks!

The error was coming from line 228 when re1 was first used. Looks like the line count was out by one for some reason. Maybe the // comment at the top of the button isn't being counted.