Script.RefreshColumn() - no effect if called twice within x-time

Hi there!

To get around the flickering and selection-loss by a regular filedisplay refresh (Go REFRESH), I tried to use Script.RefreshColumn(). I do not need to refresh the folders content, just the values shown in the script columns, so this seemed to be a sensible idea.

However, I noticed that there is some kind of time-span I need to wait before each call to RefreshColumn() to make it work.
If I call it too early (let's say within 3 seconds) all the columns blank out instead of updating their values (the column method is not triggered either). If I wait longer, the column method will be triggered and my columns fill with the updated values.

Thank you! o)

This is a demo addin, showing the problem is not within my code, which I needed to make sure of course. o)
Misc.Demo.GUI_ColumnRefreshIssue.js.txt (4.74 KB)
It supplies 5 columns, all simply showing the current date/time ("Script -> Misc.Demo.GUI_ColumnRefreshIssue -> RefreshIssue.Col0x..)
It also provides a command "RefreshColumns" which can be used to refresh the dates in the columns from anywhere, to see how they fail to update. They also refresh to blank in the demo, if the RefreshColumn command is called too "early" again.

Thank you (in advance) for looking at it. o)