Scroll long file names when hovering

I would LOVE it if I could horizontal scroll long file names when I hover the file with my mouse.
Maybe even make EVERY column scroll on hover.

Anyone else?

1 Like

just press middle button for inline rename and you'll see the all name's length.
it's fast enough

1 Like

I support your suggestion. In the meantime try the button below to toggle auto-size columns on and off.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<button backcol="none" display="label" hotkey="ctrl+space" label_pos="bottom" textcol="none">
	<label>Auto-Size Columns\tCtrl+Space</label>
	<tip>Set columns to auto-sized else reset the folder format to that of the folder</tip>
	<icon1>#newcommand</icon1>
	<function type="script">
		<instruction>@script JScript</instruction>
		<instruction>function OnClick(clickData){</instruction>
		<instruction>   var colParams = &quot;&quot;;</instruction>
		<instruction>   for(var e = new Enumerator(clickData.func.sourcetab.format.columns); !e.atEnd(); e.moveNext()){</instruction>
		<instruction>      var col = e.item();</instruction>
		<instruction>      if (!col.Autosize || col.Max != 0){</instruction>
		<instruction>         if (colParams) colParams += &quot;,&quot;;</instruction>
		<instruction>         colParams += col.Name;</instruction>
		<instruction>         colParams += &quot;(!,a,0)&quot;; // Keep position. Auto-size. No maximum.</instruction>
		<instruction>      }</instruction>
		<instruction>   }</instruction>
		<instruction>   var cmd = &quot;Set FORMAT=!folder&quot;;</instruction>
		<instruction>   if (colParams) cmd = &apos;Set COLUMNSADD=&quot;&apos;+colParams+&apos;&quot;&apos;;</instruction>
		<instruction>   clickData.func.command.RunCommand(cmd);</instruction>
		<instruction>}</instruction>
	</function>
</button>

1 Like

I include the filename in info-tips so I can see the full name on hover. (As well as auto-sizing the name column, up to a point.)

2 Likes

I forgot, there's a guide here:

1 Like