Scrolling in details+thumbnails view

Hi, I often use the Details+thumbnails view in folders. But when I am using this view there is an annoying bug, it's hard to explain. When I scroll 1 click of my mouse wheel the view jumps down further than expected - more than one page view down so that there are some folders that get skipped. Scrolling back up misses them again so that the only way to scroll to some folders is to manually use the scroll bar.

This only happens in the thumbnails+details view, it's fine in details view. I have the smooth scrolling feature turned on - the behaviour is worse with this option turned off. I am using a Microsoft Surface mouse.

How many lines does it scroll normally?

How big do you have the thumbnails?

Right I see, I have my mouse set to scroll 12 lines at a time which is fine for the details view but when I'm viewing thumbnails (default 128x128) the window only shows about 9 items at a time.

I guess i can reduce the number of lines in the mouse settings but 12 lines works for everything else. Half the problem is there is no customisation for my mouse other than setting the number of lines it scrolls. I have a logitech mouse at work that works much better because the mouse driver lets me control the scrolling acceleration etc.

In the next version, we'll add a cap so it won't scroll more than a page in that situation.

(You may still run into issues outside the file display if the number of scroll lines are too high in the mouse settings, but that's true system-wide from my testing. The file displays are somewhat special as they can range from displaying lots of small things or a few very large things, so it makes sense to add some special checks for them.)

1 Like

Ok great, that’s good that the behaviour will change in the next version. Thanks. I have reduced the number of lines scrolled for now.