Seagate Backup Plus Hub external drives are being picked as "Other drives"

All of my Seagate Backup Plus Hub external drives are showing as other drives instead as Hard Disk drives as the rest of my drive farm. All of my Western Digital and LaCie external drives are showing up as local hard drives. I would like my Seagates to show up with the rest of the drives so that the drive letters are in sequence rather having to look in two places for a particular drive.

I just switched to Opus 13 so the drive type detection must have changed from Opus 12 which didn't treat the Seagates as being different.

1 Like

Drive type comes from the operating system (and in turn drivers/hardware). We just report it.

Opus 12 had less granular drive types, which is the only change. (E.g. We detect SSD vs HDD vs Other/Unknown now. If it's in Other it's because Windows doesn't know what it is.)

You can un-group the This PC folder to list all drives by letter without splitting them up by type.

Thank you. That's what I did. Too bad MS has no category for Seagate USB Hub drives and doesn't look like there will be one until more manufacturers make them or MS buys Seagate.