Search results in wrong window

In a dual lister, if I do a search in one lister it shows the results there. Then if I switch to the other lister and do a search, the results are displayed in other lister. This seems like a bug to me but the changes mentioned [url]Directory Opus 10.0.2.1 (beta)] says [quote]Added /acmd argument to the DOpusRT program-- this is similar to /cmd but sends the command to last active window instead of source window[/quote]Is there a way to change this so the results display in the window the search is performed in?

Using 11.3

Are we talking about the Find Panel (Tools -> Find Files) or Windows Search (the search field at the top-right of the default toolbars)?

If it is the Find Panel, what is the Show Results In: drop-down set to?

(BTW, DOpusRT.exe and its /acmd argument have nothing to do with Search / Find, unless you are using a custom command that runs them or something.)

It's the Find Panel and it is set to source. Do I need to change that every time I switch sides?

No, you shouldn't need to, assuming you are clicking on the other side to activate it and make it the source before starting a new Find.

Does it only happen if the previous Find Results are already showing? Opus may not switch the active file display to the Find Results collection if it is already showing in the other side of the window.

Closing the old results tab or navigating it to another folder, or setting the new Find to send its results to a different collection, should mean the results open in the active side.

If I do a search on the left side and then back out of the found files, then click in the right side and do a search, the results are shown on the right side. But this defeats the purpose of me doing this since I want to be able to compare what I find in the two locations.

When I click the right window to activate it, that is supposed to be the source window, at least, that is how I've always understood DO to work. But in the case of the find setting, it seems the source setting isn't getting changed with that click if the find window is showing.

If you want to compare two Find operations side-by-side, you'll need to make them output to different collections anyway, otherwise the second one will overwrite the results of the first.

In the Find Panel, click where it says Find Results and change the name to something else for the second operation.

By compare, I meant to see what files are present, not to compare the actual files. So if I do a search on a backup directory and it has files a,b and c and then do a search on the current directory and it has files a and b, I can quickly find what I'm looking for.

Hopefully, this action will be changed. For most searches I don't need to change the location in the find panel. Having to remember to change the setting for certain searches seems counter-intuitive, especially for DO, at least to me.

Thanks for helping