Secuential copy/move large 4k video files

Hello:

I download Directory Opus 13 looking for a software to copy/move files sequentially, because I move a lot of 4k Videos on my desktop and my network. So far the only software that does that is "Total Commander", but I don't like the interface.

I love the Interface of Directory Opus but the program fail to copy or move files between my computer and my NAS sequentially, it creates multiple instances of the copy window creating a "disk thrashing" something that I try to avoid. you have plans in the future to implement this feature?

Thanks. (please remember I'm not a professional on directory opus, please don't assume that I know something)

What I'm trying to accomplish is when I move 4k video files on my computer the software put it on a list to move them one by one, no mattar from what hard dirve to what hard drive. I got 9 hard drives on my local computer plus 2 Network Attached Storage.

Opus does that, and it should happen automatically by default. More detail here:

https://docs.dopus.com/doku.php?id=file_operations:copying_moving_and_deleting_files:copy_queues

Go it !!! I found what's the problem with Director Opus that Total Commander does not have I quote from your website. "For example, if you are copying into an archive on drive D:, the copy will be assigned to the queue for that archive; if you start another copy into the same archive, it will be in the same queue and wait behind the first copy; but if you then start a third copy into a normal folder on drive D:, it will be assigned to a different queue and run in parallel, despite all three operations involving the same drive. "

Because of this Directory Opus does not work for me. Thanks for your help!!!

It should work, given all your copies are to the same network drive.

Unless you mean you are copying from inside of archives to the network drive. In that case, the archive takes priority and the automatic queue revolves around that.

But you can still override the automatic queuing, either by specifying a queue to use explicitly (very easy) or by writing a script that augments the auto-queue logic (slightly harder, but not much).

That's the problem I move from different drive to different drives (Note I got many partitions) and from one nas to another nas. and I notice that DO create another queue and slowing down my hard drives. The Queue technology of DO is not the best period.

Not sure what you mean. If the copies don't involve the same drive/server then they won't slow each other down.

The queue logic in Opus can be extended, but you'd need to carefully define what you want in order to do so.

I Have and Idea, in order to see what I means I'm going to do a youtube video to show it to you, that way you can see what I mean. Please give me few days.