Would it be possible?
Thanks!

Can possibly be done with a script using wscript.shell object
and the appactivate() and sendkeys() methods. Go for google,
it's quite simple.

regards.
rob.

Thanks.. I went to google and did my best... but, I din't understand anything

I dont know coding.. or probably I am a bit too dumb.. so, plz do some spoonfeeding :unamused:

[quote="anjan_oleti"]Thanks.. I went to google and did my best... but, I din't understand anything

I dont know coding.. or probably I am a bit too dumb.. so, plz do some spoonfeeding :unamused:[/quote]

Just Ctrl+Alt+V emulating is enough for you or a command line sending is needed too?

command line sending is not required
Ctrl+Alt+V emulating is enough

There's a free program called AutoHotKey (www.keytext.com, $30)

For AutoHotKey, download and install the program. Then make a file named, oh, how about MyKeystrokes.ahk with this one single line:

Send ^!v

That's rather cryptic, breaks down as:^ = CTRL ! = ALT v = letter v
Then, all we have to do is run this file and it will send your CTRL+ALT+V keystroke. How to get Opus9 to run this program? I'm not sure! I'm kinda new to Opus9. I'm pretty sure there's a way to do it.

I think to launch the file all you do is give the filename. e.g. if file is C:\Users\Public\test.ahk and it contains this one line:MsgBox, Hello Worldthen your button command would be:C:\Users\Public\test.ahk

So if you made a file CtrlAltV.ahk with this one single line:Send ^!vthen make your button command:Clipboard COPYNAMES C;\Users\Public\CtrlAltV.ahk

Thanks a lot for the help!
But, I would like to keep this as the last option.. because, I would not prefer to keep an additional program installed and running, for just this purpose.
I would like to see if this can be done by Dopus itself or through some script.

[quote="anjan_oleti"]command line sending is not required
Ctrl+Alt+V emulating is enough[/quote]

1. Extract the attached file and copy Keystrok.vbs to /dopusdata\scripts path
  2. Change your buttons code to this one:

Clipboard COPYNAMES {A|dopusdata}\scripts\Keystrok.vbs
Keystrok.zip (194 Bytes)

:sunglasses: AWESOME :sunglasses: Thanks a LOT, searcher123! :sunglasses:

However my previous buttons code will work, but I have a mistake in it :blush:

Change your button code to this one:

Clipboard COPYNAMES {A|dopusdata}scripts\Keystrok.vbs

Regards

Thank you for the .vbs script. I need all the simple .vbs scripts I can find to help me learn that.

Question: What does this do:{A|dopusdata}
What does the{A|part of the code do?

And how do I find what location dopusdata refers to? Probably something like C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GPSoftware\Directory Opusbut the only reference I can find to dopusdata in the documentation mentions /dopusdata, /dopuslocaldata, and /dopusglobaldata

I tried GO /dopusdata GO dopusdata GO \dopusdata but none of them worked.

(BTW, AutoHotKey doesn't run in the background. When you launch a *.ahk file, autohotkey.exe starts up, runs the file, then quits.)

quote="deleyd"What does this do:{A|dopusdata}
What does the{A|part of the code do?(...)[/quote]

As you know, Opus provides a folder path alias system whereby you can use “Shortcuts” to refer to standard system paths. Some alias paths are defined internally by GPSoftware in DOpus. /dopusdata is one of them. If you type /dopusdata in DOpus location bar and press Enter, your will be redirect to main path. {A} is equivalent with {alias} and is a DOpus internal command too. This command allow the value of folder aliases to be passed to external programs by DOpus (Search alias in DOpus help file for more detail).

As I said previously, just type /dopusdata in DOpus location bar and press Enter key.

P.S. You can define new aliases and see DOpus internal aliases in Settings -> Prefs -> Favorite & Recent -> Folder Aliases. The Show built-in aliases checkbox must be checked to internal aliases be appeared.