Set local folder when connecting to FTP site

I'm missing the following feature in Directory Opus 11: There should be an option that when connecting to an FTP site, the opposite window switches to the corresponding local folder and synchronized browsing should be activated. The local folder might be specified in the FTP configuration.
Filezilla and certainly other common FTP clients have this.
Best regards - Ulrich

I guess one way to do that is to use Tab Groups. Set one side to your local folder, set the other side to your FTP folder and save as a Tab Group. Now just open that Tab Group when you need that FTP site.

gpsoft.com.au/help/opus11/# ... roups1.htm

You can then make buttons to either load a particular Tab Group

Go TABGROUPLOAD "My Tab Group"

You can then also add Navigation Lock to your button so the 2 sides stay-in-sync when navigating around the folders.

Go TABGROUPLOAD "My Tab Group" Set NAVLOCK=on
(You can also set Navigation Lock from Preferences -> Folder Tabs -> Tab Groups -> Edit Tab Groups window or when you're first setting them up.)

Or present a list of all your Tab Groups with the code below (Place this button in a Menu Button)

Go TABGROUPLIST

With FTP sites, it is often best to avoid Tab Groups and Layouts, because they save the current connection details (site address, port, username and possibly password). If any of the details then change, you would have to re-save the Tab Group or Layout, which can be pain compared to simply editing the FTP Address Book.

Instead, a button (or hotkey or menu item) which goes to the site on one side and goes to a folder in another is often best:

Go OPENINLEFT PATH="C:\" Go OPENINRIGHT FTPSITE="My Site Bookmark Name"

You can adjust the commands to open things in new tabs or new windows, as desired.

Tanks for the quick reply! That's really great, now I have tab groups and buttons for my FTP sites. Many thanks for these instructions!

Hallo leo, I read your new posting only now, thanks for this additional hint, it is useful too!