Set new lister/window as active on startup

Hi,

First time Directory Opus user here, trying to straighten out a few questionmarks before buying the software.

I've always opened up explorer using winkey + E for fast execution, and this works very well with DOpus aswell, but I usually close the windows with ctrl + W as well.
I added the key shortcut ctrl + W to "Close lister", the only problem with that is that if I open up a new window using winkey + E the window in the background is still "active", so if I then press ctrl + W I close the wrong window.

What would be your solution to this? I've tried searching both the forums as well as the configurations multiple times but to no avail.

Regards
LPE

There´s an option in the preferences -> Opus start -> autostart -> "close Dopus, when last lister is closed".

[quote="lpe"]I've always opened up explorer using winkey + E for fast execution, and this works very well with DOpus aswell, but I usually close the windows with ctrl + W as well.
I added the key shortcut ctrl + W to "Close lister", the only problem with that is that if I open up a new window using winkey + E the window in the background is still "active", so if I then press ctrl + W I close the wrong window.[/quote]

When I push Win-E the Opus window that open is active and keys go to it, not the previous window. (Also tested on Windows 7 64-bit.)

Something may be preventing Opus from becoming the active window on your system.

Does it happen for you no matter what the previous window is?

Are you doing anything unusual, like running Opus elevated ("Run as Administrator")?

That does not do any difference unfortunately, I'm not sure you fully understood my question?

[quote="leo"][quote="lpe"]lpe wrote:
I've always opened up explorer using winkey + E for fast execution, and this works very well with DOpus aswell, but I usually close the windows with ctrl + W as well.
I added the key shortcut ctrl + W to "Close lister", the only problem with that is that if I open up a new window using winkey + E the window in the background is still "active", so if I then press ctrl + W I close the wrong window.[/quote]

When I push Win-E the Opus window that open is active and keys go to it, not the previous window. (Also tested on Windows 7 64-bit.)

Something may be preventing Opus from becoming the active window on your system.

Does it happen for you no matter what the previous window is?

Are you doing anything unusual, like running Opus elevated ("Run as Administrator")?[/quote]

It's a vanilla install running as my local user and not elevated.
The same thing happens if I have two DOpus windows up and running and tabbing (alt+tab) between them, it's still the window (Iister) I clicked last that's active.
It's hard to explain ... but I hope you understand :slight_smile:

I couldn't find an edit button on my previous post, so I'll just add it here.
All DOpus windows got the topborder that changes color depending on active/not active.
Green = Active window (which will be closed if I press ctrl+W)
Blue/Red/Yellow = Inactive window (which won't be closed if I ain't click it first and turn it Green)

The problem is, if I already have a few DOpus windows running, and I open up a new one with winkey+E it doesn't become Green, it becomes Blue, so I have to click it (making it Green) then press ctrl+W to close it.
I'm pretty certain I've missed something :slight_smile:

Green and blue window borders --

Are we talking about Windows 7 or another OS?

Is the theme or desktop/shell customized/replaced?

Do you have any tools which can affect window order or activation? e.g. NVidia's NView tool which is optional with some of their drivers.

[quote="leo"]Green and blue window borders --

Are we talking about Windows 7 or another OS?

Is the theme or desktop/shell customized/replaced?

Do you have any tools which can affect window order or activation? e.g. NVidia's NView tool which is optional with some of their drivers.[/quote]

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Nothing is customized, this is a very vanilla install of both DOpus and Windows.
No other tools at all, the machine is a fresh install.

This is the colored borders I'm reffering to:

As you can see the background window is "Green", which means it's active and will be closed if I press ctrl+W, even though I've just tabbed up the foreground window, yet that's yellow.

Add the @useactivelister modifier to your Close Lister command.

Great! Exactly how I was thinking, thank you both very much.

Just out of curiosity and a willing to learn, what does the different colors mean? And could you turn them off?

Have a look at Working with multiple Opus windows/listers (video tutorial)

Thanks! That really cleared up much - but is there any way you make the icons on the taskbar not change colors? I'm having difficulties finding which windows are DOpus and not :slight_smile:

You can configure the icon colors in the Display - Colors & Fonts part of Preferences.

You could set all the icon states to use the same color.

[quote="leo"]You can configure the icon colors in the Display - Colors & Fonts part of Preferences.

You could set all the icon states to use the same color.[/quote]

You've been nothing but pure gold, thanks loads and I'll definitely purchase this software.

Regards