Setting files/folders with colors

I have looked through the postings so far, and I can't seem to find an easy way change file.folder colors.

I cannot follow the steps in other posts about sub menues etc. I think I need just a lttle more help if someone would ablige me.

Jeff

Out of curiosity... if you're referring to the recently active topic:

"set foldor colour" context menu option?

Then why don't you post a message in that thread where ppl who are using it and presumably know how to set it up might be watching instead of creating another topic they might not ever look at?

Thanks for the mild flamming! I assumed that publishing my request in the "Help & Support" area made the most sense since I do not see a forum titled "Cascading Color selection menu.

Yes I am refering to the ""set foldor colour" context menu option? post and the solution lested there.

Does anyone have any suggestions and or directions for accomplishing these results

Jeff

Do you know how to edit buttons and menus in general? (If not, check out the Tutorials forum where you'll find a "Toolbars 1" video that should get you up to speed.)

If you're familiar with toolbar editing then the next step is to know that you can edit the Context Menus for different types of files via the Settings->File Types dialog. Double-click a file type, or a group, and then go to the Context Menu page.

Creating sub-menus in a file type Context Menu is done by going to the Context Menut tab and clicking the New button, then setting the type of the new item to Sub-Menu. That starts the menu and any items placed below the new thing will be inside the menu. You should then right-click the last item that you want in the menu and select the "End Sub-Menu" item, as shown in my screenshot in the thread that you've both mentioned.

[quote="ht354"]Thanks for the mild flamming!

Jeff[/quote]
Negative... no flaming here dude! Sorry you felt so sensitively to my reply, but I was being serious. I was hopping off a train when I replied and figured it made ALOT more sense for you to go back to an existing topic where the same exact thing was being discussed by ppl who had already shown they are doing what you want to do, and could presumably provide more exact explanations if you went and asked. Seemed a sensible enough suggestion to me... and I figured those people might be 'watching' that thread and have a better chance of responding to you with real help.

...another jeff