SFTP hiding some folders

I have Dopus 12 pro, and I just purchased the ftp plugin because I needed the SSH variation ( which I have with my FlashFXP which works great )... The problem is, my FlashFXP software is showing everything perfectly.

Dopus is giving me about half of the folders, and I can't manually enter the other paths. I can, but it shows empty directories.

The log shows spamming timeout on port 21, despite using 2022....

edit: NM - the spam was from before.

But, it says 40 items, which is the correct amount... but a lot of directories are hidden. I can't go into them either. I haven't ever set up filters to hide any folders - but I'll go through them because it seems my icon setup has been corrupted.... I set up a lot of icons and not all of them show anymore either.

edit: If I go manually 2 deep, I can see some of the files. Still, the fact they don't show up automatically is odd.

I really don't want to have to redo all of my configuration....

Let's focus on the folders that aren't showing up.

In the status bar, assuming you've kept the status bar default configuration, does it indicate things are being hidden there when viewing the folder where you don't see everything?

2020-01-17 17-49-40 Clipboard Image

Are you connecting with the exact same details in both programs?

Exact details in both. The hidden thing doesn't show up. I see: 0/14 0/17 0 bytes / 722MB

hidden doesn't show up.

edit: Going into folder options - Hide Filters is 100% empty. Nothing else shows anything regarding hiding... I can visit the folders but the ones which are hidden show up empty. If I go 2 deep, they seem to show the data in at least one I tried.

The other issue is nothing has ever been set up to hide that I've found. I've searched various terms and nothing is set to hide.

Do you mean the total number of files + folders is correct, but you can't see some of the folders?

That might mean the folders are being listed as files. (Are they links to other folders, rather than actual sub-folders? That would start to make sense, but I want to make sure I'm on the right track in case it's something else.)

The listing in the log is correct. The folders are not showing up in the list, and files may be missing too.

IF I manually enter a folder in which I know has stuff - but doesn't show up - the folder shows as EMPTY..

Another thing - if I try uploading a file, it doesn't work at all.

Using FlashFXP, I have no issues with displaying, or uploading.

So while the log says 40 total in list, the actual output may be 15 files and 10 folders when I should have 25 folders and 15 files. Or thereabouts.

When I navigate, by force, to a folder which isn't in the list - I see no files or folders in that folder.

When I navigate beyond that folder, I do see files / folders - but again, missing items every now and again.

If I try to upload, I get error unexpected end of file.

I haven't tried downloading yet.

So the log shows all the files, but the file display only shows some of them, and there's nothing in the status bar indicating hidden items?

Are you using the default status bar config or a custom one?

In the Folder menu toward the top-right of the window, try selecting Show Everything. Does that reveal the missing items?

(The command is Set SHOWEVERYTHING=Toggle if you don't have it on your toolbars.)

If you still don't see the missing items, it could be that the server is returning information in an unusual format which we don't parse properly. Would it be possible for us to connect to a test account on the same server? Or can you tell us which server software it is running? (It may say at the start of the log.)

I haven't edited anything on the statusbars. The only thing I've added are custom labels, which show status icons for specific files ( based on execution realm such as Client, Server, Shared ), and some different colors for the background.

The server is using pterodactyl panel which controls a bit.

FlashFXP reports, on connect: host key algorithm ssh-rsa size 2048, key exchange diffie-hellman-group14-sha1. Session encryption aes256-gcm@openssh.com, MAC: implicit, compression none.

connection established with ssh2js0.2.1src SFTP v3..

For Directory Opus:

Server version: SSH-2.0-ssh2js0.2.1srv
Using SSH protocol version 2
We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Directory_Opus
Using Diffie-Hellman with standard group "group14"
Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange with hash SHA-1
Host key fingerprint is:
ssh-rsa 2048 XX
Initialised AES-256 SDCTR client->server encryption
Initialised HMAC-SHA-256 client->server MAC algorithm
Initialised zlib (RFC1950) compression
Initialised AES-256 SDCTR server->client encryption
Initialised HMAC-SHA-256 server->client MAC algorithm
Initialised zlib (RFC1950) decompression

However, because this hasn't worked - I've gone a different route and I'm not using Bitbucket to manage the files, and I push to that and use a webhook to auto-download to the server.

Because of this, I need to request a refund as the FTP extra system doesn't work. I am happy to help resolve this issue, but the FTP solution is no longer necessary as it wasn't working since purchase and no clear-cut answer.

We only do tech support at the forum. If you need to request a refund for something please email sales@gpsoft.com.au with details, but we'd probably need to be sure the problem was on our side for that (although it's not up to me, and it doesn't hurt to ask).

If that server still exists and we can connect to it, that would be the easiest way for us to evaluate what's happening and confirm whether there's a problem (or incompatibility) on our side that we can fix. Is that possible? We'd like to fix any issues that we can, even if it's no longer important for what you're doing.

From a quick web search, it looks like that server has a bug where it fails to list files if their timestamps are out of the range, which could be what's happening here (maybe the other program requests the listing in a different format which doesn't trigger the problem):

Also found another strange issue with folder listings:

Did you check the server-side logs to see if it was reporting any errors there?