Shift - Windows Context Menu Not Working

Using 11.10.3

I hide Windows items on the context menu by default and have not previously had an issue using shift-right click to bring up the Windows entries. I'm not sure what changed, but the shift-right click option no longer responds. WHat I have tried:

1. If I uncheck the "Hide Windows items..." box in Preferences, I can pull up the context menu normally.
  2. I used ShellExView to disable all non-Microsoft context menu entries and restarted DOpus. No change.

I would appreciate any other ideas...

Cheers!

Chuck

Are you in Details mode when you try this?

Does shift + right-click work OK on the same files in Explorer?

Yes

No

If it's not working in Opus or Explorer then there's probably still a shell extension enabled which is going wrong when shift is held down, and causing the whole menu to fail to be built.

It could be one of the Microsoft ones, if all the others are disabled.

[quote="leo"]If it's not working in Opus or Explorer then there's probably still a shell extension enabled which is going wrong when shift is held down, and causing the whole menu to fail to be built.

It could be one of the Microsoft ones, if all the others are disabled.[/quote]

I went through every single extension, disabled it, then restarted DOpus and tested. The issue persists. Other ideas?

None that I can think of. If the issue affects Explorer as well then it might be worth taking this to a general Windows forum.

One of the recent Windows 8 security patches seems to have had strange effects on some people's context menus, in both Opus and Explorer, so you might be seeing another result of that, perhaps.

[quote="leo"]None that I can think of. If the issue affects Explorer as well then it might be worth taking this to a general Windows forum.

One of the recent Windows 8 security patches seems to have had strange effects on some people's context menus, in both Opus and Explorer, so you might be seeing another result of that, perhaps.[/quote]

I'm on Windows 7, but no matter. I found the issue. I use StrokesPlus, a gesture recognition program. It has a setting that interfered with the DOpus shift-right click operation. Problem solved!