Shortcut / hotkey to sort by filename or date

Is there any way to set a keyboard hotkey to sort my folders/files by filename or date or filetype?

Sometimes I want files sorted by alphabetical filenames, but often, I'll want to sort by date (newest first).

It's annoying to always have to use the mouse to click a few times to find that one file, then switch back again.

I searched this forum for the last 20 min, but haven't seen a specific thread that addresses this. Sorry if there is one.

Thanks

Go to Settings -> Customize -> Keys (to create a standalone hotkey; you can also assign hotkeys to existing toolbar buttons and menu items if you prefer) and create keys which run commands like these:

Set Sortby=Name SortReverse=Off
Set Sortby=MODIFIED SortReverse=On

(whether you need that to reverse or not depends on your default date-column sort order, as set in Settings -> Preferences -> Display / Fields)

Set Sortby=Type SortReverse=Off
3 Likes

Wow, excellent. Guess I'll have to start learning the keys language to really take advantage of dopus. Thought there'd be a pre-made command for that as it seems it'd be widely used for photos, etc.

Thanks

[quote="leo"]Go to Settings -> Customize -> Keys (to create a standalone hotkey; you can also assign hotkeys to existing toolbar buttons and menu items if you prefer) and create keys which run commands like these:

Set Sortby=Name SortReverse=Off
Set Sortby=MODIFIED SortReverse=On

(whether you need that to reverse or not depends on your default date-column sort order, as set in Settings -> Preferences -> Display / Fields)

Set Sortby=Type SortReverse=Off