Show pdf in viewerpane with Foxitpdf reader

Hello.
I'm not using adobe as my pdf reader, and can't see the pdf documents in preview pane.
I'm using the lightning fast foxitpdf reader instead.
Is there a way around this so that I can get my bellowed previews back?

If you drag a PDF file on IE does foxitpdf display it?

PDFs do show in IE with foxit but are ignored by Opus' viewer.

Presumably they will work in the ActiveX viewer if you tell it to handle PDFs (and disable the pdfactivex viewer)

Nope

Thanks guys.
Too bad it dosen't work. Don't want the sluggish Adobe :frowning:

Can you NOT have both Adobe and foxit reader installed at the same time, and configure things so foxit is your default double-click handler, but still allows activex goodness with Opus?

Now I have installed both foxit and adobe's pdf readers.
And like a miracle !!foxit!! is now displaying pdf in DOpus.
Don't know why, but it's working :smiley:

That's really odd! Are you sure it's foxit?

Maybe it patches the Acrobat ActiveX component in some way?

Good to hear it's working anyway :slight_smile:

I'm sure :slight_smile:
Because it's the gfx from Foxit on the buttons, and fullscreen display gives me and foxit about button.
Only difference is that I installed Adobe and then ran Foxit and selected it as the default viewer.
Perhaps it intercepts the adobe launch call in Active X?

[quote="drde"]I'm sure :slight_smile:
Because it's the gfx from Foxit on the buttons, and fullscreen display gives me and foxit about button.
Only difference is that I installed Adobe and then ran Foxit and selected it as the default viewer.
Perhaps it intercepts the adobe launch call in Active X?[/quote]

I added .pdf in the viewer plugins, FoxitReader is also correctly assigned in the filetypes section, but PDFs still open outside the lister. If anyone has an idea, how to solve this, please tell me. :slight_smile:

hmm, strange. I read about the multiview plugin in this thread:
resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php?p=33841

downloaded it & when browsing to the location containing the pdqvp.dll, i cannot assign it, because the folder is greyed out & can´t be opened.

Not that it is so incredibly important to open pdfs in Dopus, but it would be another very nice thing. :slight_smile:

here´s how it looks:

[quote="abr"]here´s how it looks:

[/quote]

If it's grayed out it means the folder doesn't contain the viewer DLLs.

[quote="jon"][quote="abr"]here´s how it looks:
/quote]

If it's grayed out it means the folder doesn't contain the viewer DLLs.[/quote][/quote]

So, pdqvp.dll isn´t the right one? Is the right one included somewhere in the dopus dirs? thanks!

[quote="abr"][quote="jon"][quote="abr"]here´s how it looks:
/quote]

If it's grayed out it means the folder doesn't contain the viewer DLLs.[/quote]

So, pdqvp.dll isn´t the right one? Is the right one included somewhere in the dopus dirs? thanks![/quote][/quote]

Well, then, i guess, the multiviewer is already working

But if anyone has an idea, how to get possibly Foxitreader to open inside Dopus, it would be very cool.

pdqvp.dll is an Opus viewer plugin (now superseded by multiview.dll)

You need to provide the Stellent viewers (QuickView Plus, etc).

From his comments, I think he might be partially misunderstanding the notion of the different plugins, how they work, or what they're supposed to provide:

The "but PDFs still open outside the lister" part of this statement suggests (to me) that you're still double-clicking the PDF files, otherwise they wouldn't open 'outside' the lister at all. You need to just select a PDF file and turn on the Opus Viewer Pane.

If it is not working for you with the ActiveX plugin, then have you followed the steps the original poster (drde) found to work? Installed both Adobe and THEN Foxit? Just now I had only Foxit installed and PDF's would not show in Opus Viewer Pane... I then:

• installed the current Adobe Reader v8.1.1... saw that PDF's were listed in Opus Viewer Pane by Adobe
  • ran Foxit (2.2 Build 2129) and let it take file associations over for PDF's
  • restarted Opus (by first doing an 'Exit' from the Opus system tray icon to close the actual dopus.exe background process)
  • selected a PDF file and opened the Opus Viewer Pane, and voila... same results as the previous user... the ActiveX plugin was definitely showing the PDF inside of Opus via Foxit

However... something about the interaction between these versions is causing Foxit to crash when the viewer pane is closed.

As a completely seperate topic from Adobe and Foxit; your observations about the multiview plugin:

The latest screenshot you've shown is just the 'about' screen from the multiview plugin which is provided by Directory Opus... It in turn needs to be 'configured' to look for third-party viewer dll's which are provided by OTHER software packages like Yahoo Desktop Search, which had already done a bunch of legwork to be able to view various file types. The multiview plugin from Opus just re-uses those modules to be able to display those file types inside the Opus Viewer Pane...

Edit note: if properly configured, the multiview plugin is also able to show PDF files inside the Opus Viewer Pane via the Stellent filters... as Tanis mentioned in the post you referred to about multiview. At least... it did just now for me with the Stellent viewers provided with YDS v1.2 build 1852je... downloaded from FileForum.