Showing free space automatically

I have it set to display sizes of all drives automatically and it does. But it doesn't display the free space until I actually open a drive or two, then it displays free space for all. What causes this and is there a way to display both the size and free space for all drives automatically?

Where do you want it shown?

Free space is usually shown for each drive, not a consolidated total (except possibly when in the This PC folder, on the status bar).

Didn't say anything about a consolidated total. I'm talking about one of the columns in the top level view, "My Computer" or "This PC". It shows "Size" (of each drive) automatically but it won't show "Free Space" until after I open 2 or more of the drives. Not one but two, then it displays free space for all of them. This is not a big deal because only takes a few seconds to open 2 drives. Just seems like odd behavior and would like to show both size and free space automatically if possible. I realize of course this would require some additional calculating time whenever the computer or Opus starts up, especially if a lot of drives are attatched. But to me free space is just as important as total size and I want it always displayed.

Free space at the drive level isn't calculated, it's provided by the OS along with other information about the drive. It should be visible immediately. What happens if you try the same thing in File Explorer?

Haha first time I have opened File Explorer in over 10 years. Anyway, it does the same thing except this time the free space column appeared after only opening one drive.
Opus1
Opus2

First screenshot is the right lister (of dual pane) and second is the left, they start different for some reason. Third is with the free space column showing up after opening a drive.

Hover the mouse over the (i) icon in the status bar to find out where the columns you're viewing came from, which tells you what you need to update if they aren't what you want.

If they're coming from the default lister or a layout, find that in Preferences and turn on the option to ignore its folder format, so it doesn't override the columns the folder normally gets.