Showing mp3 play time in status bar without decription field

There is an interesting line in Leos status bar button from [Status Bar codes), which can show the playtime of music files, when present. But when using this nice code, there will be added some (in that case) pretty useless description field, showing "MPEG Layer 1 Blah Blah". Is it, by chance, possible to have the playtime in the status bar without also having that decription field shown?

Sorry, this posting was meant to be in the "toolbars" section.

In the status bar? The status bar should never show that information, only the selected/total play times. Can you make a screenshot showing what happens?

Or do you mean in the Description column? The status bar codes should not affect the Description coloumn (only the status bar) so I'm confused either way. :slight_smile:

It was but I moved the post to here. (See [resource.dopus.com/t/do-not-post-questions-here-post-them-in-help-support/4629/1) )

Yep, like in this screenshot:

img6.imageshack.us/img6/6057/mpeg.png

The status bar code obviously toggles that column on, & the information shown is largely redundant. If it´s possible to avoid, i´d rather have that turned off. Not included in the screenshot is the playtime in the status bar, which is a nice feature.

Status bar codes don't affect which columns are show in the file display.

The Description column must be coming from somewhere else; probably from the Music Content-Type Folder Format.

[quote="leo"]Status bar codes don't affect which columns are show in the file display.

The Description column must be coming from somewhere else; probably from the Music Content-Type Folder Format.[/quote]

You´re right, the desc fields where there, i overlooked some folders, cause normally i removed the desc field in most music collections. But if i remove it, there is no playtime shown anymore. It looks like it has to be shown in order to have the playtime feature.

That's true. It should probably be changed.

You can trigger the infomation via other columns, though. e.g. The Music -> Duration column (or any of the music-tags columns) will make Opus populate the data that the status bar needs.

That's true. It should probably be changed.

You can trigger the infomation via other columns, though. e.g. The Music -> Duration column (or any of the music-tags columns) will make Opus populate the data that the status bar needs.[/quote]

That´s cool, so i can maybe use another shorter column. I even tried a "trick", moving the desc field out of sight, but this would´ve been too much work for all individual folders.

There is a small cosmetical problem. When not adding an extry space before the {h!L} {smp3L} line, then the playtime is touching the left border [1], not looking so good. It looks better with that extra space before the code, but width will jump, when the first item in the directory is a folder. A folder will have correct spacing [2] with one space, but two spaces, when a MP3 is selected. Besides that, an empty box will be shown, when it is supposed to be hidden [4].

[1] img520.imageshack.us/img520/4598/sbar01.png
[2] img100.imageshack.us/img100/5792/sbar02.png
[3] img413.imageshack.us/img413/8978/sbar03.png
[4] img413.imageshack.us/img413/9721/sbar04.png

The _ is showing, the lines are indented.

_ {h!L} {smp3L}/{h!L}{h!L}{tmp3L} playtime {h!L} _ {h!R} {smp3R}/{h!R}{h!R}{tmp3R} playtime {h!R}

Can't you just put the spaces before the {h...} stuff? There's an example or three in the status bar examples thread.

Well, it's a bit better after adding an extra space after the first {H!L}/{H!R}, but the playtime will still touch the left border, in case no file has been selected yet, or if it's a folder selected. When MP3s are selected, it's ok & also there are no more empty boxes showing.

{h!L} {smp3L}/{h!L}{h!L}{tmp3L} playtime {h!L}
{h!R} {smp3R/{h!R{h!R{tmp3R playtime {h!R}

Otherwise i can´t find a spot to add an additional space to completely resolve this. As i said, this is only a minor cosmetic thing.

[ and ] added around the line for clarity:

[  {h!L}{smp3L}/{h!L}{h!L}{tmp3L} playtime {h!L}  ]

Edit: Ah, that causes an empty box to appear... I see...

I solved it like this in my own status bar, FWIW:

{h!L} {smp3L} /{h!L}{h!L} {tmp3L} {h!L}

[quote="leo"]
I solved it like this in my own status bar, FWIW:

{h!L} {smp3L} /{h!L}{h!L} {tmp3L} {h!L}

That solved the problem, great, thx a lot! Btw, i now use the "BPM" field in order to have a valid MP3 related field, since one of those fields is required. Also, i deactivated the "playtime" function in folders containing very large numbers of MP3s, where several days of playtime will add up. :sunglasses: