Simple Windows 10 Dark Theme

here the theme with included iconset (DO9). I didn't know if this should be included (it is similar in size now compared to tnaseem original)?

Windows 10 DarkER Theme tribute 2 tnaseem DO9iconset.dlt (738.5 KB)

9 Likes

How did you get rid of the borders? Talking about these guys:

Edit: Found it. Pane borders - Shadow.

Hi,

How can I change the color which is used when hovering over items/files?

(I want to make it a little bit darker, so I can better see it)

Hi salexes,
You need to switch off the option that derives selection appearance from visual styles. Then you can set any color you want...

@stk_cg A tribute to me! I'm honoured :slight_smile:

Stoked that people are using it. Although, I'm not! I created a new theme to match my various IDEs, Arc Dark Theme, which I've settled on now.

1 Like

I;m sorry, but how to apply theme? =)

See Themes in the manual.

yeah. It's was hard but I figure it out.

Hello,
How to make the Utility Panel dark? It's uncomfortable for me to use this Utility Panel(Version:12.26 pro)
Thanks for you any insights.

You can't currently, as Windows doesn't provide a way to make standard controls dark.

We're working on a way to do this (by modifying Windows!).

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, looking forward to your results. ::::

I guess it's the same for the undo pane? Do you have an eta on that yet?

Hello, i want to suggest to apply the dark colour to the image viewer too. For me, using Directory Opus mainly to deal with images, it's a bit inconvenient to switch from the dark window of the folders to the image window with bright white frame around like this

Settings - Preferences... - Viewer - Appearance - Background color

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Prefs/viewerappearance.htm

Naseem-DarkTheme_stk-edit-2023.dlt (581.2 KB)

should have have ImageViewer bg color now set to dark color used in other UI elements ( #2c2c2c ).

This layout slightly changed in the meantime by finetuning some details - if this is an issue it would be fastest option to change background of viewer via Preferences (might be faster anyway).

kind regards,
stefan

1 Like

Thank you!

Why is Directory Opus search panel not black in dark mode ? (without being fully dark, there is absolutely no advantages for human eyes to use a dark mode. It kills the purpose)

Dark mode works perfectly for similar File Explorers:

While you can configure many of the colours, Opus 12 doesn't have a dark mode.

The question is why? dark is a necessary color.
In 2023 when ALL other applications allow this, not having this feature is not acceptable, sorry.

Even Windows File Explorer, the tool that Directory Opus is suppose to supersede has this feature: