Single clicking a file in a lister doesn't open the file until I right click then view and details

I keep doing this and then it doesn't stick for long. I tried making that lister the default but that didn't do the trick. It works then but doesn't keep working and I have to go through the process again. It's a short process but gets wearisome after many repetitions. It's been this way for a long time but didn't used to be this way.

Thanks!

Assuming Preferences / File Displays / Mouse / Single click to open an item (point to select - does not apply to Power mode) is on, I'm guessing you've made Power mode the default at some point.

To change the default display mode back to Details:

Hello, Leo,

I still haven't resolved this to my satisfaction, and upgrading to 13.2 hasn't helped either. I have made a screenshot that shows what I'm trying to achieve in every

lister I open. I want every lister I ever open to have the view mode set like you see in the lower right corner: when I right click on the file list there's that popup, and when I click on View I want to then click on Details and have it always checked. What I'm ultimately going for is to be able to single-click on a file or folder and get it to open right away instead of having to double-click.

I don't think it can be that hard, but I can't seem to find my way through all the help apparatus. If you could get me there step by step I would really appreciate it.

Thank you very much, and sorry for the dimness on this end.

Phil