Slowness / Non responsive in window showing Drive List

If you add information via edits almost a day later, people may not notice them. The information is already in the thread now, so no need to edit anything.

You should be able to edit posts within a few minutes of them being made. After that, it's best to add new info in a new post if it looks useful.

(n.b. The build number is usually not important, but you can use the Copy button at the bottom of the About dialog if you want the full set of details in text form. The version number is usually enough on its own, though. No need to worry too much about the rest.)

Ok, Thanks

Is it right that I cannot edit the one i just posted less than 10 minutes ago? - the one with screenshot

What's the time limit from posted to no longer editable?

PS. You want this minor follow-on query moved to new thread?
Is it that strict?
I'll do it
Just clarifying what I you want me to do with diff questions

Ta,
S

BTW

What with our original confusion, weeks back, the thread ended up not exactly labelled correctly to the issue we are now discussing.

Should really now just be something like
"Slowness / Non-responsiveness / Crashes = unpredictable to user. Solution?"

It's NOT "Drive List opening" specific.

Worth changing?
Can you?

S

I've looked at the snapshots you sent on Saturday and Sunday and they show that the process is freezing inside of Windows when querying your Q:\ drive this time.

The drive letter seems to change, but the general problem stays the same: Something about your drives or your system or your antivirus is causing freezes when drives are accessed for basic queries such as icons, labels, file/folder attributes, and so on.

That's the last of the help you'll get from us on this issue, after your behavior* over the last few weeks, and given this issue has not being reported by anyone else.

(*Including creating multiple sockpuppet accounts to bypass a temporary forum ban, and then filling the forum with foreign language posts, many of which served no actual purpose or were asking questions that you already had answers to, which was part of the original complaint, and then sending multiple lengthy complaints via email after we had asked you to stop contacting us. The ban is now permanent and will not be lifted.)