Some directories not showing SVN status icon

I love the new status icon column. However, I am seeing some inconsistent behavior. As you can see in the screen shot below, the folder tree in DOpus shows the folders as having SVN flags, but in the lister on the right the icon column is empty.

I'm including this screen shot that shows some folders are working in both views, it appears to be only top-level folders which are not showing status. Note that the current folder "Dev" is not in any Subversion project (it has no .svn directory), it is just a holder for directories that are. And you can see the hidden .svn directory is not being suppressed in the second screen shot.

Here's another folder (within the folder shown above) that also has icons on the left, but not the right. This has the same situation as dev, in that there is no .svn directory at this level.

Thanks!

What does the SVN Status column show? (It should be in the Other column category if Tortoise SVN is installed.)

Do you see overlay icons when in that folder and looking via Explorer?

Sorry, I guess I never saw the notification that anyone followed up on this question. I gave up on the status icons quite a long time ago as they stopped working entirely. The overlays still show up properly (at least in the lister, they are always behind reality in the tree, so I ignore the overlays in the tree). The SVN Status (text) column always matches the overlay, but the General|Status Icons column never shows anything (it did once).

Here's an example showing the SVN Status, which matches the icon overlay, where the status column is completely empty (I can't remember the last time I saw anything in there):

Thanks,

It's possible something installed on your system is hooking the same thing that we hook to intercept the SVN status icons, and it isn't forwarding calls to our hook properly.

e.g. We install our hook which calls Us > Original API.

They then install their hook which should call Them > (Us > Original API) but instead they're doing Them > Original API.

A pure guess, however. It may be something completely different.

I've also noticed the current TSVN shell extension crashing a lot recently, although I haven't had a chance to try to get to the bottom of it, or seen if it also happens in Explorer. I don't know if it's a bug in TSVN or in something else, but I got as far as confirming it doesn't happen if all our hooking etc. is disabled, so it's not that. For me that started a lot more recently than 2 years ago, though, so it may also be unrelated to what you're seeing. It also has a different effect for me, where folders get stuck being read.

Is this a subversion hook? Would uninstalling TortoiseSVN clear any hooks? Is the hook something in the registry that I could maybe clear manually?

Thanks for the thoughts.

No, different kind of hook. I don't think reinstalling TSVN would help, although it's always worth a try.

Also make sure you actually have the option turned on to show SVN icons in the status column.