Some functions in non standard folders not available

Hi,

when having a lister in some special folders (like desktop or mycomputer) several commonly used functions are not available:

1. moving a folder back with BACKSPACE
  2. moving to a new folder by just typing the name of the folder like: c:\funnyfolder\etc
    This behaviour can succesfully simulated by pressing Shift-Enter.

Is there a way to configure this and if not is this a bug or a feature?

I feel quite uncomfortable first having to think about where I am in the folder tree before "intuitively" navigating with the keyboard.

cheers
Bodo

Virtual system folders like Desktop and My Computer are handled by Explorer running inside of Opus.

For Desktop, go to /DesktopDir instead, which is the real folder containing your files. (/DesktopDir is a folder alias. You can use it in Opus and Opus will automatically work out the appropriate folder for your username and version of Windows.)

Alernatively, go to Settings -> Preferences -> Folders -> Virtual Folders and turn on Tread the following virtual folders as real, then add Desktop to the list. After doing that Opus will automatically show /DesktopDir whenever you are in Desktop.

thanks, leo.

This helped me to fix this for desktop. Is there a solution for "my computer"?

This is especially interesting/important as I like to use the STRG+rightclick to navigate and the drive list is the best place for this.

Sadly this fails the way it is right now.

cheers
Bodo

I don't think there's a way to change what happens in My Computer. At least not a good way. (You might be able to do it by messing around with filetypes in the registry but I wouldn't recommend it.)

Have you ruled out using drive buttons on your toolbar to do the same sort of thing?