Some Suggestions

Here are my suggestions:

1. While dragging files upon destination folders on the menu bar, folder tabs or on the Favorites/Recent menu is possible, the + symbol (meaning copy) is always displayed which can be deceiving since in reality the files are moved or copied depending on whether the source and destination folder are on the same or different partitions (this is not always true for folder tabs but still the behavior with those is not completely consistent). It would be awesome if it was possible to use drag & drop and ctrl (copy) or shift (move) on these without problems.

2. Customized folder icons are not always displayed properly on the folder tabs (but they are in the folder tree for example). I have mentioned this before in the "Help&Support" forum.

3.A "task compiler" for moving and copying files and folders. Something like a mode that when enabled you will be able to specify what files/folders to move/copy and where like you would normally do, only this time the actions will only be recorded (not actually performed) in a "to do list" of some sort in order to be performed at a later time the user specifies. You could also edit the actions or their order through the "to do list".

1. An option disabling the InfoTip to also restore default windows behaviour for that filetype. This is for programs that set their own infotips when installed in the system and using DOpus currently renders them unusable (the program's infotips that is). For example I use the freeware Audioshell of Softpointer which sets its own infotips in windows and enables me to also view encoder information of music files (e.g. Lame 3.93, Blade etc.) in its infotip, something that it is not possible with DOpus' infotips currently.

2. Ability to add Encoder information in infotips of music files

You can add the {infotip} field to the InfoTip for a filetype or filetype group to display whatever text Explorer would display.

{mp3encoder} will give you this.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea.
I love this versatility.

A new one and greatly needed: Add an option so that system folders that currently open in new windows (because of the windows integration function) to open in new folder tabs in the current window.

This idea is similar to the countless requests many on the forum have made for a feature named "Copy Queues".

It is also very similar to the ideas suggested in this thread:

[url]Sync Pairs (or maybe Sync Queues or Copy Queues)]

I suggest reading the thread linked above, and posting your ideas to it. It's more valuable if several people discuss one idea it in a single related thread; it usually helps boil down a general idea into a workable concept that could be coded.

Do you mean they currently open new windows when you double-click them in Opus? (I don't think I've ever seen that.)

Or do you mean that you want to be able do double-click, say, My Computer on the desktop or Control Panel from the start menu and have it open as a new tab instead of a new window? (I think you can get this via some registry hacking but it's definitely not officially supported/recommended and could cause problems so it's only worth trying if you really, really want it.)

No, when double-clicking on folders in Dopus they open in the current tab like they should. I don't want that to change at all.

What I'd like to do is the second thing you mentioned. When you open folders from outside DOpus (for example double clicking on My computer on the desktop, explore item folder from winamp, explore destination folder from firefox download manager or Flashget etc.), they should open in new tabs in the current Dopus window/lister. I tend to do a lot of this and I don't like to get new listers all the time - it nulls in a sense the tab capability in Dopus.

Well, I really really want it, otherwise I wouldn't be posting about it. If this feature is not to be implemented in the near future I'm willng to try a workaround to get dopus to work this way for me. However I'm no registry expert and I don't want to cause instability in the program, so if it is possible and if someone can give some detailed instructions on what to do, I'd be thankful.

I wouldn't really recommend it if you're not comfortable with editing the registry, but here are the threads with some info people posted a while ago:

resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... b+registry

resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... b+registry

A safer bet would be to send GPSoft an official feature request and hope they like the idea.